BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Ruffian

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous
  1. Ruffian

which oil should I use?

Thanks Ya'll. I checked the FAQ and John's reply. I'll compare price for Rotella vs a "regular" brand. Also, since I'm not starting a cold engine in cold weather I don't see why a straight 40 wt wouldn't be ok? Also, I sometimes add a little MMO to the gas and crankcase, which would tend...
  2. Ruffian

which oil should I use?

yeah, I used Rotella religiously in my '99 powerstroke. The key in using it is that it won't foam so the injectors don't suck up air. With a low-revving, carburated engine, is there any real advantage to it? Ruffian
  3. Ruffian

which oil should I use?

I'll be towing a large float in a parade next week, and I'd like to change the oil in the T-all "terror-all" I just noted <wink> I'll be pulling it in the Texas Hill Country- read: upper 90's She's got a 305 with around 32K miles. Should I use a 10/30 or 10/40? Any particular...
  4. Ruffian

72 scout turbo diesel

SAGE ADVISE!!:punk:
  5. Ruffian

Scout Patriot: Izzit or ain't it?

I found what is claimed to be a scout patriot in ebay. I once had the vin # for what IH produced as patriots, but Can't find it. Here is the unit if someone wants to check on it (or bid on it themselves) eBay Motors: International Harvester : Scout (item 180126711953 end time Jun-09-07...
  6. Ruffian

Izzit a 304 or 345?

7. Ruffian

Izzit a 304 or 345?

There is (a very knowlegeable) fellow looking at my 1970 T-all. He asked to see the line ticket, which I was happy to photograph for him. He pointed out that it shows I have a 304, and not the 345 I was always led to believe. In all, this is what he had to say: <<If you think it has the...
  8. Ruffian

Educate me, please.

when you stopped at that rest stop, did you both change yer diapers? Ruffian
  9. Ruffian

Educate me, please.

Re: Tricked-out Patriot I'm with ya 100%, Erik!!!! Ruffian
  10. Ruffian

Educate me, please.

<<That scout is an original. The owner is Paul Duesing from Sault St Marie in the upper peninsula of michigan. He bought it brand new in colorado, with a 196. It now has a sweet 392 backed by a 5 speed. All done by Paul himself. The truck is one of the nicest scouts at the nationals every...
  11. Ruffian

International Gas Engines beat everything else..

Re: what about AMC? Question: are the AMC engines in Javelins and AMX's - the 232, 290, or 343 - as robust as IH mills? I've got my eye on a Javelin in the neighborhood. For muscle cars it's Mopar for me, but I'd def consider that AMC if the motors are strong like mopar's. ***that 401 is...
  12. Ruffian

and dont forget the 12 cylinder GMC industrials. setting on an irrigation well running non stop all season on propane or natural gas and changing the oil while it is running at full RPM is a site to behold. want to see something impressive...see a 549 IH sitting on a well pumping 1800 GPM from...
  13. Ruffian

comparing the 345 in a scout and the 350 in a blazer is not apples to oranges. ****so THAT'S why they're painted Orange! :D :cool: ***
  14. Ruffian

Dave, I'm with you all the way, but just one question arises: Why did IH feel they had to include the AMC ( :eek: ) 258's (actually a GM product) in some Scout models? Drew
  15. Ruffian

The longest trip you've made in your IH?

<<The requested URL /pasadenaresto/pics/sigs/my69tall.jpg was not found on this server.>> The requested URL /pasadenaresto/pics/sigs/my69tall.jpg was not found on this server. :( :confused: