BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Rob Nold

Binder TV
  1. R

IH model 158 freezer question

Thanks Greg! I am about ready to take action. I just want to make sure that you've seen the photo that I posted with the other side of the temp controller with the words "Ranco type B/ United States of America" etc. Not sure if any information in that photo would influence your choice of...
  2. R

So this is what I see where the part that appears to be some sort of temperature sensor enters the freezer housing. I'm assuming that I need to carve away some of the putty and gently try to pull the sensor out to remove it. Is the sensor sandwiched in between the fiberglass and the inner wall...
  3. R

Again, Much gratitude guys for all the help! Just so you are aware of the contribution that you are making to a bigger picture--I am using this freezer for a very specialized purpose. This last July I found a 46 y.o. girl (friend of a friend) with severe multiple sclerosis trapped on her...
  4. R

Thanks for all your help guys! I'm not sure how I missed this angle of the switch. I got a photo of another angle that hopefully yields some useful information.
  5. R

I'm assuming F-22 means R-22
  6. R

HI guys! Thanks Again for your help! I live in Kansas City, Kansas. It just shuts off when it reaches 14 degrees. I'm highly mechanically inclined myself, just not in HVAC. It would probably be easy to put in a new temp control. Now I need to find out where to get one. Merry Christmas to all!
  7. R

Hi Everybody, I'm new to this forum and I want to say thanks in advance for any help. I have just been given a well cared for, one owner 1951 model 158 freezer that appears to be in good condition with one exception-- when I have the temperature control turned all of the way down the internal...