BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Oliver138

Binder TV
  1. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

It looks like I am right down the road, Jeff. We share the same city address. Real small world, huh?!
  2. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

Hey guys, @Greg R - I think I jumped to conclusions on the compressed air you asked about... After @Big Ed pointed out that the air regulator at the operator's location may be for something else, I did some closer inspection. It appears that the original air breaks may have been converted to a...
  3. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

Those are some big trees! I would be happy to mill them for you (once I get this thing running) but shipping from CA to PA may not be very economical.... haha. You need to get yourself an Alaskan mill for that saw - then you could mill what you want.
  4. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

Thanks, Greg. That helps me on the broken hose. Kevin - That is a really good point. The truck frame had been cut so the axel is no longer there, so the breaks are not in-tact. However, the possibility of an air shift or something of that nature does exist with an air regulator being located at...
  5. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

@Greg R - I think it was hooked up as an air compressor just because they already had the compressor there from the air brakes. Could probably use it for general clean-up of sawdust on the mill. Another question for everyone - I have a broken hose on the rear of the engine. Can anyone help...
  6. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

@Big Ed - Here are pictures of the mill. It needs some work, but the guts are there. Starting with the engine and going from there.
  7. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

@Big Ed - I'll get you some pictures of the mill soon. Sorry for the delay. Do you run one?
  8. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

Thank you all - this forum appears to be a huge help. I have been soaking the cylinders in Mystery Oil for a couple weeks now (hopefully to remove any build-up that may be there). Once I get a replacement coil wire, I'll hook up a battery to see if it will turn over. Before I actually try to...
  9. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

@Kurt_M - unfortunately I am not able to fine the engine ID there. I'll have to figure it out another way... @Darrel - thanks for the links. They look like they may come in handy. @kevingweq - that's it. I have seen the generators from these engines before. I found a PDF of an operators manual...
  10. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

Thank you for the photo - I will look there first
  11. O

IH LV-549 Engine Help

Hello all, I recently moved to a new house that has an existing circular sawmill that was powered by a IH LV-549 (I believe - mostly due to the dual radiator hoses). The engine (to my knowledge) has not been run for 20+ years. I would like to get it running and determine if the engine is worth...