BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by NC Scout

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
  1. NC Scout

"Rare" Scouts registry?

How about the Scout 810 registry? I have one of those...
  2. NC Scout

Retrosound Model Two in Scout Terra

Looks awesome MrKenmore, glad to see the completed install. I'm super happy with mine. It's my daily driver. With my front 6.5" and rear 6x9" plus hidden Blaupunkt sub, everyone around me can enjoy my tunes also.... I can drown out loud mud tires, topless wind noise and flowmaster 40's...
  3. NC Scout

Where has the SEBA community gone?

For me I'm extremely busy and it's hard to keep up with the SEBA page. When we had our get together I posted to Facebook and reached many more people than depending on BP. I don't know the answer either. If one could also copy to the other it would be great.
  4. NC Scout

Transmission swap

My Scout is a 71 Scout II with the Borg Warner 11 three speed auto. Maybe it's my 3.31 gearing but my third gear seems perfect for highway. I can run 75 mph at 2400 rpm. It's not a dog in first gear either. Plenty of up front power. And this trans shifts perfectly. Uses vacuum, not shift linkage.
  5. NC Scout

Central Carolina Wrench Days

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not planning to do anything at this time. I have a pinion seal and axle end seal to replace at some point, but no this weekend. Everything else is fine. I'll see you there tomorrow. Fuel tank sending unit would be a great job since it definitely will be...
  6. NC Scout

Central Carolina Wrench Days

What time on the 18th. Ok if we invite others in the area? Is this open to everyone? Want to grill some lunch, if so we can bring dogs or burgers or whatever?
  7. NC Scout

WOO HOO!! In Dash Retro Sound Stereo and Front Speaker Placement

It looks like there are three types of basic radios, then there are multiples of those three for different cars. This chart shows other types, but the others seem to be based off of the Model Two, which I bought. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9XHnnMnjbR6bnVhV2JQeHd6d3M/view Retro...
  8. NC Scout

MrKenmore, the colors are almost infinitely adjustable. Something like 32,000 colors. I just used white to be clean.
  9. NC Scout

The shiny knobs that I used were stock for the early scout II's and fit right on without modification. I ordered the Retro Sound Model Two unit without knobs or faceplate. Jegs has the cheapest price. This link is the exact unit I ordered. Comes with all options. This is the high end...
  10. NC Scout

Scout II interior and speakers??

Not going to hijack this thread, read mine below if you would like. I've just started my stereo install, Retro Sound Series II, and have front speakers in and a sub, rear speakers to go. Looking at cutting 6x9 holes in the sides next to the seats unless I find another better solution to back...
  11. NC Scout

Have an iphone 5 and it works perfectly. streamed music, talked on the phone with the included remote microphone (although my scout is noisy with the soft top, loud tires and dual 40 series flowmasters) and even used my GPS with BT through the stereo while driving. Simple to connect, BT was...
  12. NC Scout

Carb not happy wheeling! Any off road upgrades?

Patrick, thanks for the links. Looks easy enough. Might be time to do some more wheeling. BO185, thanks for the information. Having a 71, my Scout doesn't have any electronics except for a Pertronix pickup and I have the original points and condenser in the glove box incase of nuclear EMP...
  13. NC Scout

Finally installing my new Retro Sound II stereo in the scout dash. Retro Sound says on their website and told me on the phone that it doesn't fit in the dash since the face plate is smaller than the opening on the dash cover...
  14. NC Scout

Carb not happy wheeling! Any off road upgrades?

This is the type of information that I'm looking for. Thank you! I'm going to have to try a vent hose like this. Very interesting.
  15. NC Scout

1977 Scout ii, steering gear box

I just bought one from Anything Scout in December. What a huge difference! I'm very happy with my purchase and Sean communicated well. The PSC steering gear box is made extremely well. I also purchased a Power Steering pump with hydroboost connections from Anything Scout at the same time...