BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Kohler

2021 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous
  1. Kohler

1976 Scout II - Amateur Hour(s)

Well, I probably get the award for the least amount of work accomplished over the last 4 months... I finally got the spray equipment out and hit the tailgate, windshield frame, and grille with 2 coats of epoxy primer, high build primer, BC, and CC. Fun fact, if you go to a different paint...
  2. Kohler

You know what, I’ve been thinking about the same thing. Maybe a layer of paste wax, pack it with grease, some rubberized asphalt, top it off with some fluid film. Then fill the windshield washer reservoir with motor oil and reroute the line to shoot under the windshield frame, give it a blast of...
  3. Kohler

Here's a neat patch template method I discovered while wasting my life away on this windshield frame. It works great for those small curvy patches. Start with an odd shaped hole: Cover it with gorilla tape: Cut it out with a utility knife and stick it to a piece of sheet metal: weld in...
  4. Kohler

He's my biggest critic, that's why I let his fur grow over his eyes.
  5. Kohler

Never Enough Champagne

Great write-up, and perfectly timed for me. I've got all the same lighting problems, and I can one-up you with my horn occasionally going off when the turn signal switch is activated. My turn new signal switch just arrived from SSS. So according to you I can build my own steering wheel puller...
  6. Kohler

Life has gotten in the way of the Scout progress in the past few weeks. I've only had a couple hours every few days to get stuff done, and that's usually only enough time to get through the head scratching stage. I did manage to buy the cheapest metal brake that money can buy. A 30" bench top...
  7. Kohler

Project freebie!

Thanks. I don't plan on using the hard top, but I want it to fit if I decide to. That sits quite a bit above the top of the windshield frame, I might drop it down to like 39" so I can get a bikini top fitted. Just noticed the crack in your windshield, crap...
  8. Kohler

Project freebie!

Excellent work as usual, very jealous of the bender. I'm trying to outsource a roll bar fabrication now and having trouble getting responses. I have a similar style to yours drawn up. How tall can you make the top bar from the bed floor and still fit under the hard top?
  9. Kohler

Easily confused, Dana 30 or 44?

No spreader required, but put something soft on the ground in front of it when you pry it out, mine jumped out at me when it popped loose. And the inner seals can be pressed in with a 36mm socket and a long stick/rod through the axle.
  10. Kohler

While I’m in there.

my father snagged a bunch from a lab building demo where he used to work. Have them in 2 camps, my garage, his basement, and my sisters pottery studio. Now THAT is what I need for cleaning my beer brewing equipment. Or taking a quick bath before going back into the house...
  11. Kohler

While I’m in there.

While you're in there eh....
  12. Kohler

My work is all a credit to the what I've learned from people on this forum... and lots of practice... and a good quality welder. I think back to some of the work I did 2 years ago and I'd like to go back in time and do some stuff differently, but it is what it is now. It's a frustrating process...
  13. Kohler

Never Enough Champagne

I like the look of the triple shifter boot, and the immaculate looking interior! You'll have to remove your outer footwear before driving. I called Coonrods about the frames previously... definately more than I'm willing to pay, but I can be pretty cheap by times. And now I finally found a use...
  14. Kohler

Thank you! For me the key is work slowly (I can be impatient so it's a challenge sometimes), and don't be afraid to do things twice. I don't know how many patch pieces I made only to throw away because they weren't quite right. These are the magnets I bought...
  15. Kohler

Thanks for the kind words. I'm light years behind Jim but I do feel I'm getting better with every patch. I couldn't count the :beer:. In my many times of frustration it's best to clear my noggin with a cold one out in the woods... Or out on the sled Or alongside a freshly smoked brisket...