BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Kohler

Binder TV
  1. Kohler

1976 Scout II - Amateur Hour(s)

It was a busy summer, not much time for the internet. But I really like this forum and try to check in regularly, not just when I’m looking for information for myself.
  2. Kohler

Still expensive, I think it was going to be over $400 round trip for us.
  3. Kohler

The top let me add a few weeks to Scout season and I managed to get a couple more trips into the camp in the fall. While the top does a good job keeping the front seat dry, it doesn't do much for backseat passengers: Puttin it to work: The DIY wood fired hot tub is complete. It took a lot of...
  4. Kohler

Off to Nova Scotia! We drove to Saint John the night before (1.5hr) so we could catch a ferry over, this cuts about 6 hours of driving off the trip and I thought less miles mean less opportunity for breakdowns. After sitting on the ferry… at the dock… for three hours… they finally cancelled the...
  5. Kohler

I liked the look of the roll bars that tie the main hoop into the back of the wheel well. I had some drawings done from when I was trying to get someone to build it so off to the races. DIY Pipe Notcher: Using a pipe bender to bend flat bar to wheel well radius: It took a lot of test...
  6. Kohler

Summer went well and there weren’t any major issues. I installed a mechanical pressure gauge as I thought I was getting low readings and everything seems to be in order. I got caught in a couple of rainstorms. If you go topless, your bound to get wet sometime (there’s a joke in here somewhere)...
  7. Kohler

Well the cold weather has set in and the Scout is in winter hibernation. I left off here around the time I finished up painting the windshield frame and tailgate. Everything fitted up nice on reassembly and an error in the paint code for my parts store became glaringly obvious. I decided to just...
  8. Kohler

$600 Scout II

In my experience (very limited) there's not a lot of adjustment you can do on the quarter and fender install, If all your pillars and door gaps are good they should go on fine, then the door has a lot of adjustments available to make gaps even (assuming your door opening is even). My door...
  9. Kohler

Engine tapping - knock

I had an awful knocking sound last year and it was 100% exhaust leak. I flattened the manifold mating surfaces, new manifold gaskets, and new donut gaskets solved the problem.
  10. Kohler

Another oil pressure thread

The factory temp gauge is erratic. It peaks at a bit over 1/2 way at hot idle, then will drop to 0 once up to cruising speed. I've ordered a new sender for it, all my gauges 'work' now, and i'm the same way, it would drive me nuts to have a dead gauge.
  11. Kohler

I bought a mechanical temp gauge, but fried it during install. The wire coil sheathing on the cable brushed against the battery terminal, it was sparky. Lesson learned. What i'm calling hot is the following: 20 minutes of highway driving followed by 5 minutes of crawling along a downtown...
  12. Kohler

Okay, first test ride with the mechanical gauge, new oil (6.5qts) (15W40 diesel/gas), and new WIX filter (they only had WIX xp which are supposedly designed for synthetic...) . Things might not be as bad as I thought. 55 psi @ cold idle ~14-18 psi @ hot idle, stopped in gear 20 psi @ hot idle...
  13. Kohler

Yeah, I’m anxious to see what the mechanical gauge reads once I get it on. Other things are getting the way right now but I hope to have it on Monday. That sludge looked like it had been building up over many years, but the pressure dropped pretty suddenly, so maybe it’s the sender. But the...
  14. Kohler

When I said "We'll see what the mechanical gauge says once I get that in", I meant the oil pressure gauge. When it comes to bearing clearance the plastigauge is a nice cheap option. Thanks for all your input.
  15. Kohler

Okay, I was thinking it would dissolve everything binding it together and just leave lead/metal dust once the acetone evaporated. From the limited research I did potential identifications were lead from gasoline, small amounts of water in oil, or a product of non-detergent oil...