BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jeff Bade

Binder TV
  1. Jeff Bade

1969 Travelall - Back from the Dead

I'm glad you see the diamond in the rough... was worried it's gone!
  2. Jeff Bade

She needs a bath really bad, but for the first time in 20 plus years she starts, stops, steers and is opperational minus a few gremlins. She sits level now too.. Thanks to Levi @ Old Iron Off Road for all your hard work..
  3. Jeff Bade

It lived most of it's life in CA. and sat in San Luis Obispo once it wasn't on the road for years. It's a solid truck but there's issues for sure. Above the Windshield while looks ok, from the inside it is crunchy. The Passenger side rear Quarter is damaged, someone must have backed into...
  4. Jeff Bade

Axle going in with new brakes. Front looks good with the new shoes. Surprisingly the Brake Booster still holds vacuum.
  5. Jeff Bade

Needed some new shoes and found these local to Levi Cheep so figure they'll do for awhile. Got new Hood, GM Disk Axle and Gas tank from Dan @ Binder Boneyard. (Original Hood folded the first time I tried to close it.) Also Picked up a like new Exhaust from BP member Gus Erickson.
  6. Jeff Bade

First thing first was to make sure the engine would run. Amazing how even after sitting so long these engines can still run without any issues. Then get the engine re-sealed and looking purrrrrdy..
  7. Jeff Bade

After a ton of time getting it from CA to IOWA where it say with Scout Connection for a spell. Then finally to me then eventually to Levi @ Old Iron Off Road where the real work started bringing her back to life.
  8. Jeff Bade

Some original correspondence from Jim that I want to preserve. and
  9. Jeff Bade

This 1969 Travelall has been a stalled project for a long time. Funds, Time, other priorities. You name it delayed it. Over the past few years there was progress made so I'll try to get this tread caught up. Started off with Jim Grammer. I bought it from him and he did a few of the early...
  10. Jeff Bade

Name this Part (if you can)

I knew it looked failure and i thought the hole was for wires but just couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks!
  11. Jeff Bade

Name this Part (if you can)

Any Idea what this might be? It came with a pile of scout parts I picked up. There is a tag but the numbers are all worn off.
  12. Jeff Bade

Sad News, Lost a great BP friend

Fixed the link, sorry I copied it from a Facebook Post. No he was a volunteer here / Staff Member Active Member of the IHC Digest back in the day Did tours of Death Valley and was the kind of guy who would help everyone and anyone
  13. Jeff Bade

Sad News, Lost a great BP friend

I am sorry to say we have lost another pillar in our community John Hofstetter "Hofs" as he went by on the forums helped countless people over the years. He will be missed...
  14. Jeff Bade

SSII Insert Mounting / Nutserts-Rivetnuts-Jacknuts

Do you have any pictures and what sizes you went with? I am willing to try.
  15. Jeff Bade

SSII Insert Mounting / Nutserts-Rivetnuts-Jacknuts

The rubberized nuts looked good but the head is much thicker. Making a bigger space between the body and panel. Traditional nutcerts/rivets aren't good for the various thinkness and really don't spread enough load for fiberglass. I did find a few posts for plus nuts or jacknuts on boat sites...