BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by j_burton

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
  1. j_burton

'67 Scout 800 Build

Dang!!! Looking good! I haven't been on here for a few years haha! Keep up the good work!
  2. j_burton

Rebuilding A 68 Scout 800

You can also find a 304 International and use it, from my understanding they are a lot easier to get parts for. Good luck with the build, and congrats on the Scout.
  3. j_burton

72 Scout II Restoration

I really like the upholstery on your seats that looks great! Keep up the good work!
  4. j_burton

Update: Alternator Parasitic Drain

There are usually markings on the 2 terminals on the alternator and either the 1 or I should be the wire that is only hot with the ignition.
  5. j_burton

International v-8 to a stock scout 80

One would think that would be the case but I have seen several engines with my own eyes drive into my shop with a little miss or maybe a tick and come to find out the crank is broken. I had a Kubota engine in a Bobcat skidsteer that was running fine the guy was complaining of an oil leak near...
  6. j_burton

Here you go check this out. https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/6019420132.html I guess I should have read better I thought this was a running engine unless there was another that I looked at before.
  7. j_burton

There is a guy on Craigslist here in CO that has a 196 for super cheap, was supposed to be a running engine, I will see if I can find the link for you.
  8. j_burton

Tilt Steering Column for a Scout 800

Awesome thanks for the response! Do you have any pictures of your install?
  9. j_burton

Thanks for the info Jerry, I have found a lot of Hot Rod style columns that are floor shift and keyless. That's what I was planning on going with but there are a million different types and lengths of them, so I didn't know what length would work the best.
  10. j_burton

Hello, just looking for an opinion from anyone who has installed a tilt column into an 800. I have found plenty of columns that could be made to work and I probably just need to do some measuring to see which one would work the best, but wanted some input from others. So if you have done this...
  11. j_burton

Update: Alternator Parasitic Drain

You can turn the rear housing of an alternator to "clock" the 2 wire plug to either of 4 locations basically. All you have to do is loosen the 4 retaining screws that hold the 2 body halves together and rotate it, if you split it apart 2 far you will have to get the brushes back onto the...
  12. j_burton

Scout 800 leaf spring replacement options?

Im not the right guy to answer that question. Im not really a guru on them, I just saw this one here in town and had to have it so after 3 years of pestering the guy he finally gave in and sold it to me, and I have been wasting money on it ever since haha!
  13. j_burton

This shows a pretty decent before and after with the CPT kit.
  14. j_burton

My 70 Scout 800

Been doing a few other things. Decided to go with the Toyota FJ mirrors. I really like the look and the visibility is great out of the mirrors!
  15. j_burton

I used this kit and gained quite a bit of lift actually, I am running basically a 32" tire and have done no other modifications, in fact I need to get my body bushings installed because the originals are pretty much no longer there. I think I have some before and after pics in my build thread...