BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by IHEngineer76

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
  1. IHEngineer76

1976 Scout Terra Restoration

It’s been a while since I posted last. I blew out a knee, so that slowed me down some. I go in to get it fixed on Friday, so hopefully I’ll be back at it again soon. My frame came back from chemical stripping and e-coating and looks awesome. It’s completely coated inside and out. Should be...
  2. IHEngineer76

The frame is pretty well stripped down. I just need to pull a couple more things for it to be ready to get chemical dipped and e-coated. A few things have caught my eye about the frame, though. The welds on it are pretty shoddy. They are really cold, too low wire speed, and lots of porosity...
  3. IHEngineer76

Quick update. The body came off the frame today. I found only a couple modifications to the frame which is in otherwise really good shape. There were a couple extra exhaust hangers tacked on and what appears to be perches for airbags over the rear axle. Next step is to start steam cleaning...
  4. IHEngineer76

The buckets are factory, but the center seat is one my great grandpa made.

The buckets are factory, but the center seat is one my great grandpa made.
  5. IHEngineer76

Gary, although it looks stock, the middle seat is something my great grandpa made. He replaced the factory console lid with a padded piece of steel and made the back out of plywood and upholstered it all to match the factory buckets. He had an eye for detail and even added aluminum edging to it...
  6. IHEngineer76

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the comments. I hope to have the body off the frame this week, and have the frame stripped down by next week. I wanted to get the frame out for chemical stripping and e-coat right away, but with the country being shut down for the virus, it may have to wait a few...
  7. IHEngineer76

Made a bit more progress. Doors are off and disassembled, hood, fenders, grille, and front bumper are off.
  8. IHEngineer76

I got some free time to work on her this weekend. I pulled the top off, pulled the dash and wiring harness, and worked on pulling the front bumper and winch. It was interesting to see all the little things my great grandpa did to it over the years. He was a tool and die maker, so there is a...
  9. IHEngineer76

It's been a while since I posted on this project. I had a few projects snowball this winter, so the Scout got delayed a little. I had about 5 vintage snowmobiles that I had to get sorted out for a few different people. All that's wrapped up and the Scout is now in the shop. She hadn't moved...
  10. IHEngineer76

I was looking at the door tags on my Scouts and noticed one I hadn’t seen before on the parts Traveler. At first I thought it was just a dealer service tag, but it says “Campaign Number” on it and now I’m curious. Does anyone know what this sticker signifies?
  11. IHEngineer76

I got all the stick shift conversion pieces out of my parts Scout. Also, some new reading material came in the mail!
  12. IHEngineer76

You hit it on the head. I've become pretty attached to the old girl. It was about 8:30 AM when i yanked that trans, otherwise it would have been beer! :yes: The bolts were definitely grade 8, and what you can't see in the picture is the extra reinforcement I welded on my cherry picker to...
  13. IHEngineer76

Thanks! It came in handy to carry all the supplies I took with on the trip. 3700 miles and she only used a quart of oil. Never missed a beat and got 13 mpg loaded.
  14. IHEngineer76

Here is a picture I took as I was hauling my donor body Scout home. This was taken along I-10 a ways East of Tuscon. Don't worry, it's not as nice as it looks in picture. But the body is arrow straight and the parts I don't need will be sold to help fund my restoration. My hauler truck is an...
  15. IHEngineer76

Here are a few pictures of the "donors" that will be contributing to the project. This is who the 4 speed setup came from. And the 392.