BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by geoffraynak

1. geoffraynak

3.72 gears for KB needed

i THINK i have a 3.72 in my '46 metro ... the rig is a mix of K and KB chassis features ... i will not need it once it is pulled ... but pulling is contingent on funds for my upgrades it rolls but i have never driven it metro is currently in Redmond Oregon @ the BinderBoneyard send me an...
  2. geoffraynak

Metro

you can likely get a few grand for it ... looks okay in some parts ... and rough in others where are you located? throw it up on craigslist or ebay or if you are really ready to get rid of it ... maybe these guys want it (fyi ... no affiliation) www.vintagestepvans.com
  3. geoffraynak

My new Inter. Harverster Metro, need teardrop bezels..

yes ... knee action shocks and full drums are not sufficient for today's world yes ... modernize the go/turn/stop parts ... just do your best to keep the sheetmetal! looking forward to seeing the results geoff
  4. geoffraynak

do whatever you want ... the rig was designed to be customized ... BUT ... just know that you have something that is still as visually iconic today as it was 70 years ago. be careful not to jump on a body-style trend that you may regret. put a huge V8 in it if you want ... whatever ... but try...
  5. geoffraynak

nice ... this is saying that you have a K1M ... with a Green Diamond 214 engine and a 113" wheelbase now ... can you see the chassis #? third line ... here is mine: https://goo.gl/photos/dVxYCWSLh3CvP9Z79 Chassis # K1M 2536 i can see in an older post by you that your Chassis # is K1M 1732...
  6. geoffraynak

i am having Dan at BinderBoneyard do all the heavy lifting for mine ... with the Mercedes 300 ... the engine fits perfectly ... and we are going to put dana 4X4 axles in as well. i would LOVE to have some bezels ... but mine came with these ugly-ass buck-toothed ones...
  7. geoffraynak

fun to explore all this stuff ... here is the D15M gallery that was on ebay: https://goo.gl/photos/1Jv66uwBH4muCD1p7 it has the tank filler is on the rear passenger side here is the link to my gallery: https://goo.gl/photos/huCHH18edjw4E2166 i have the tank filler behind the driver side IMHO...
  8. geoffraynak

it is totally rare no matter what ... it is in good shape and anything before a KB series (47?) is rare ... here is the book where the images are from: http://www.amazon.com/International-Trucks-Crestline-Frederick-Crismon/dp/0760300690/ref=mt_hardcover?_encoding=UTF8&me=
  9. geoffraynak

these rigs were designed to go 30 miles an hour for 30 hours a week ... that's about it ... many folks are turning them into food carts or cupcake trucks or whatever ... that is (afterall) mostly what they were 70 years ago i am going to turn mine into a camper i have a 5 cylinder mercedes...
  10. geoffraynak

i'd like to take back my most recent statement about being sure you have a D series ... there is an image on p167 of a '41 K-3-M ... that has your body style with skirts and an image on p175 of a '42 K-3-M without skirts this even goes to p197 with a '46 K-3-M with a similar body style to yours...
  11. geoffraynak

grill is likely aluminum ... or stainless ... you do have a D series ... for sure ... the flare around the wheel well is different than mine (K series) ... D series came with skirts on the rear wheels ... K did not (here is what mine looks like https://goo.gl/photos/75wH9PvZopZcoBup8) and you...
  12. geoffraynak

super nice! be sure to post a pict of the VIN plate (above passenger side window) that should list the whole pedigree of the Metro ... and it can be run thru the Wisconsin database. also ... i am 99% sure the bezels do not exist anywhere else but on your Metro. it looks like the two you have...
  13. geoffraynak

Metro D-15!!!

Jeff ... Is the image attached YOUR Metro? that is super nice it may be a D-series (pre '41) or K-Series (41-46) very nice any more picts? maybe start a new thread on it? as for headlights ... you are 99% there ... since you have bezels and one glass earlier in this thread, Rob mentioned that...
  14. geoffraynak

1946 K1 Metro Restoration Thread

Hi Everyone ... It has been quite a while since there has been any update on the progress of the '46 ... But now I have something to report! After doing a bunch of work to the Mercedes Diesel, it was time to get it roughed-in to the Metro. Dan has been doing some amazing work over the...
  15. geoffraynak

How much does my Metro curb weigh?

Thanks everyone. As most know, I'm planning on putting a Mercedes OM617A (5-cyl turbo diesel) in my Metro... I am trying to decide on transmissions. Right now, the original 4 speed automatic is working great in the donor Mercedes. Curb weight of the MB is ~3500 pounds. SOOO ... I think I...