BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by FSM09

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
  1. FSM09

Time for 67 800 build thread

Hope this helps. Gasket is for 152. Intake manifold is 196. You can see the port shapes are different.
  2. FSM09

152 carburetor swap

I found my issue. Someone installed a 196 cylinder head and intake manifold on my 152. So I had installed the incorrect intake gasket installed. The 152 has square intake manifold ports. The 196 has oval ports. I basically added a spacer for free air to get through.
  3. FSM09

Well I learned something important. I finally figured out why my Scout wouldn’t run correctly. Someone had installed a 196 cylinder head and intake on my 152. So I had the incorrect intake gasket installed. This left me with an insanely large air leak. It ran pretty loud so I never heard it. I...
  4. FSM09

152 carburetor swap

I have the factory fuel pump with my Daytona carb. It doesn’t seem to be leaking. The issue I’m having is getting it to idle correctly. The rebuilt 1904 had the same issue. I was advise the carb was wore out so I bought the Daytona carb. I am having the same issues. I can’t get it idling long...
  5. FSM09

152 carburetor swap

Did you ever get your Daytona carb dialed in correctly? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. FSM09

I ordered the American Autowire Crimpers for the double wires. I was trying to keep factory pigtails looking nice. I tried to find a cheaper alternative for double wire terminals. I couldn’t find a separate die for interchangeable Crimpers. I finally got my new Daytona carb all hooked up...
  7. FSM09

Scout 800 196 4cyl fuel issues. Possible carb rebuild or new tanks?

I really like using them on my personal vehicles. It’s better than always having to tighten hose clamps. I also like not having the hose clamps dig into the rubber hoses. The downside is they have to be cut off. They do make a special remover tool. This prevents damage to the hoses when removing...
  8. FSM09

I was able to use the stock choke cable. I figured it out last night. The stud that the choke cable goes into in movable.
  9. FSM09

What did you end up doing for the manual choke? I bought the same carb. I can rotate the choke bracket 180. The cable doesn’t want to line up correctly though.
  10. FSM09

I wired the fan assembly. I used a Deutsch connector. It went together very easy and is similar to weather pack. Then I ordered some tools from Eastwood. The welding plasma table I thought was pretty cool.
  11. FSM09

Hey Kenneth I’m guessing I have to upload the video to you tube. I can speak to my son in a normal voice while the fan is running full speed. So I don’t find it to be that loud.
  12. FSM09

I haven’t wired it up yet. I will try and do it tonight or tomorrow and take a short video. The car quest website doesn’t say how loud it is. It is a single speed fan 226114 or 226116 if the part number. I’m pretty sure this was the 16” fan. The fan relay was from car quest also. It is part...
  13. FSM09

I mounted the fan a different way. I need to tidy it up some still. I used 1/4” bolts and drilled a couple 1/4” holes in the body and radiator crossmember.
  14. FSM09

The fan I mounted is slightly to high. I need to lower it by 1/2” about. I’ll have to work on that. I worked on the throttle linkage with the fan mounts. The throttle stop I installed a nut-sert. It is like a river gun that puts the nut into the sheet metal. It’s a pretty slick system actually...
  15. FSM09

Due to the lack of time I get a little scattered brain. I have been trying to focus on one small section at a time. That way I get finish getting the scout together and hopefully drive. The dash I installed was out of an 800a. The steering column is still out of a 67. They mount differently...