BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by El Guapo

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
  1. El Guapo

Door hinge pin replacement

In the midst of this repair myself. An engine hoist, moving blanket, and ratchet strap did the job nicely since I have no help. I know this is and old post but thought it might help the next fellow who came along.
  2. El Guapo

10th Annual Winter Meet and Greet Date Poll

I'm excited to actually have a shot at making it this year. El Guapo is in prime condition for making the drive too. been lurking via interweb far too long. Just hope it's not during my trip to CES in vegas.
  3. El Guapo

fuel filter for TBI

Hey Bill, thanks for reinforcing my thoughts. I was going to cram the 5/16" line onto the G3 filter since it's plastic barb will be the most forgiving. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something on this. Hope to finally get this system installed in the next few months. I also...
  4. El Guapo

fuel filter for TBI

Ok, I'm sorting out my fuel lines etc but I'm a little confused about the filter & line size. The pickup from the tank is 5/16". Isn't there concern about a loose fitting at the tank using the G3 and 3/8" hose?
  5. El Guapo

345 driver's exhaust manifold on pass side?

Yeah, that's the deal. I can find out what cars are in the lot but not what's left of them. Scouts are ultra rare these days. Would probably take a year to find one in a local yard.
  6. El Guapo

Man, there are no IH V8's at junkyards in these parts. The ultimate needle in the haystack. I'd probably spend $50 in gas to find a truck and discover the manifolds are gone. Lol.
  7. El Guapo

Mark, thanks for the reply. Perfect. I have a quadrajet with mechanical stove choke so no worries there. Now to find a healthy manifold! Cheers, Mike
  8. El Guapo

Howdy fellas, I was in the mountains last year and had my pass side manifold to pipe gasket go bad. Trying to replace it revealed that my bolts/nuts seized by cross threading when hot (I learned not to use SS bolts). So, as I worked on freeing the inner bolt, I broke the bolt ear. I need to...
  9. El Guapo

Alternator Pulley Swap

Jeff, thanks for the research! It's strange that they list it for scout II and the diesel. Maybe it's a difference on the low amperage/non-AC trucks. Hmmm. I really do appreciate lookin at your trucks. Guess I may just have to bite the bullet and go with all new stuff.
  10. El Guapo

Alternator Pulley Swap

Thanks guys. I thought I made the same point about a depleted battery making high demands like an ex-trophy wife. Not to worry, I always had and still have full intentions of replacing my charge wire to the battery and bypass the ammeter and of course I have an extinguisher handy. So, rest...
  11. El Guapo

Alternator Pulley Swap

Ahhh BO185, I did look at your post about this the other day. Honestly, a bit of laziness and/or cheapness pushed me to lean towards 12SI instead of CS. If I can confidently avoid buying another pulley and the adapter harness, that more gas money to cruise on the back roads with. ;) Thanks!
  12. El Guapo

Alternator Pulley Swap

Well, I really had no option but to not run the fan at that point (ROCK-me-HARDPLACE). Of course I WANT to run the fan. That's my main concern with this post. Luckily I have a fixed engine fan that creates a tornado everytime the engine is running. It should help keep the alt temps ok for...
  13. El Guapo

Alternator Pulley Swap

Hey fellas, My scout came with a standard autozone replacement alt with a single groove pulley. No biggie but the belt liked to slip on the waterpump sometimes. I bought a double groove pulley from a reputable IH guy outside of nashville. When I went to swap it, I found it was anything but a...
  14. El Guapo

Scout II kick panel vent leaking

Yeah, I thought of that originally but it's bone dry everywhere above the vents. I got some rope caulk I plan to install tomorrow on the vent seams. We'll see how that shapes things up. Thanks!
  15. El Guapo

Scout II kick panel vent leaking

Roll caulk! that's what I needed to hear. I'll give it a go. Cheers!