BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by David Fulford

1. David Fulford

Aftermarket bed rail cap Scout II

Thanks guys. Couple more pics of the door end. I spent a ridiculous amount of time cutting/gluing end pieces to cover the door end but it ended up pretty good for buying something blind. Also bought some black button head cap screws to clean that up a bit too. Still thinking about what to do...
  2. David Fulford

Update. Bought some 99-07 Chevy Silverado Bedrail caps off of Ebay. Cut to length, trim by the door, and a little bit of love on the back to get it to fit better but doesn't look bad. They hang over a little but better than laying on the paint I guess. Gonna work on somehow enclosing the end...
  3. David Fulford

Matthew, You talking about the repro OEM style steel caps? If so I was afraid of that. To complicate things, I have fiberglass quarters. I know you can special order wider ones to accommodate but rather not.
  4. David Fulford

I'll post anything I find for sure. Don't really have time for JY diving. Yeah that don't keep me from driving it. Just looks horrible! It's never done but done enough to enjoy. Thanks for the reply.
  5. David Fulford

Anybody know of an aftermarket vinyl bed rail cap that is a good size to mod to fit over Scout II quarterpanel after hard top removal? Plenty to choose from but none show dimensions. More concerned with cross section dimension fitting well. Don't want to mess with the OEM steel fillers. Thanks
  6. David Fulford

727 transmission cooling line routing?

This is what I have. Engine and Tranny have been removed and repaired so may not be exactly correct but can't be far off Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  7. David Fulford

727 transmission cooling line routing?

I have a 79 Scout II with factory TF727 and factory transmission cooler. I'll post some pictures as soon as my phone finishes charging[emoji4] Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  8. David Fulford

Vibration during acceleration

Fixed. Vibration is gone. Thanks again everyone. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  9. David Fulford

I'm an idiot. The u joint at the differential is shot. It must have been loaded to one side when I yanked on it before because it didn't move but it's sloppy after I got the rear end up in the air. Yokes are tight. I'll post one more reply once I get them replaced to verify but I'm sure this...
  10. David Fulford

I'll just replace the u-joints. I didn't realize they could be so mysterious upon failure. Nobody's leaning toward the differential. Is this less likely than engine or transmission mounts? Thanks for the help.
  11. David Fulford

Sorry. Not high centered or dragging. I just meant I lost all traction. Hubs are not engaged. Thanks for the reply.
  12. David Fulford

Thanks for the reply. I'll check them better when I have more time but u-joints look and feel healthy. When I come off the gas and decel the vibration is 100% gone. Thinking about removing the rear shaft and running in 4hi to eliminate that and the rear differential as potential cause.
  13. David Fulford

Details on the rig: 79 Scout II 304. TF 727. Dana 20 T-Case. SOA with Z-Link. Cut and Turned. Double Cardan joint on the front shaft at the t-case. Stock springs. Stock D44s with 3.54 gears. 33x10.5 BFGs. Front diff is open. Rear I believe is a Trac-Loc (original ~100k miles on it)...
  14. David Fulford

Borgeson Install Report on 79 ScoutII

Almost did that but I don't have a press and didn't want any alignment issues. It's obviously the better way to do it but hopefully Locktite and jam nuts will keep it there.
  15. David Fulford

Borgeson Install Report on 79 ScoutII

Yes looks very out of place right now. I may throw some etching primer on it, or let it rust a bit and coat it with some Zero Rust :)