BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Dave_STL

1. D

Evo gets a new bed

I think I'm going to leave mine open and put in a couple of struts to tie together the inner and outer. It also turns out that I'll have to patch my driver's side rear quarter because some PO filled up the "mud reservior" box with expanding foam and rusted it out. I'm tempted to remove...
  2. D

Evo gets a new bed

You're doing some pretty nice work, I'm in the middle of doing just about the same thing. What are you planning for the area inbetween the outer quarters and inner quarters? Do your wheelwells go all the way through or are you just going to leave it open? What are you using for bungs on...
  3. D

My Scout saga. Long post and a new project

I can't see the pics in your link because hosting sites are blocked here, but I've seen that too in situations where the rocker is getting replaced. I think in order to fix that I'm going to have to jack the body off the frame, at least a little bit. Even with bracing, I'm not sure I'd want...
  4. D

I was able to remove the floor without screwing up anything that I wanted to keep. I was pretty happy with myself about that and the general condiition of things and thinking there wasn't too much really tricky stuff I had to worry about. I should have known better!:D You can see the...
  5. D

The floor came out fairly easily thanks to the air chisel and a little work with the angle grinder with a cutting disc on it. Once the floor was out and I could get a good look at everything, I found that the rust along the bottom edge of the inner quarters and wheelwells where the floor...
  6. D

I decided to start with the rear. But first, I went shopping and bought an air chisel and a good supply of grinding discs, cutting discs and sawzall blades. I also picked up a full face shield. I'd always used goggles or safety glasses but I wanted the better protection and better visability...
  7. D

So after putting the brakes on the '79 back together and rolling it out to a suitable spot in the front yard, I steered the '73 into the garage with my wife driving the Dodge pusher truck, a tire gently cushioning the rear of the Scout. After taking a gook look around, it seemed my initial...
  8. D

A few more of the '73 tub donor...
  9. D

A couple more of the '79. And a few of the '73 tub donor.
  10. D

Update... While working on the brakes on the '79 I noticed that due to rust the tub was pretty much shot. More than I was capable of dealing with anyway. I've seen some pretty bad rust dealt with by members here and this was right up there with the worst. So I decided to look for a tub...
  11. D

Proportioning valve questions

This is a '79 Scout II disc front/drum rear. Still having brake issues so while I was at it I figured I'd clean out the prop valve. I removed it, cleaned off the outside, unscrewed the switch and the "button" assembly. I've sprayed them with brake cleaner and they cleaned up pretty well...
  12. D

Rear brake line replacement

Nope, just the rear level is dropping. I haven't done anything at all to the front brakes. I can pull fluid through to the rear with the mity vac but it's mixed with a whole lot of air which I think is from the mity vac not being completely airtight or sucking air past the bleeders. Since I...
  13. D

Picked up a new (reman) MC last night. Bench bled it and installed it. Went to the passenger rear with a clear tube in a jar of fluid and a wrench on the bleeder. Had my wife reading a book and pushing the brake pedal. She said the pedal was a little tougher to push than it was with the old MC...
  14. D

Allright, I'm beginning to suspect my MC. I've never had this much trouble bleeding brakes before. This is what I did last night... Inspected all the lines and fittings for leaks just to rule it out, but I hadn't seen anything dripping or wet anyway. It all looked fine. Connected clear...
  15. D

OK... Got the new hard line bent up and installed. I'm using a mityvac to bleed the system. I've put a little over one big bottle of fluid through it and I'm still getting more air than fluid. I've been working on the pass. rear for a number of hours and it's about the same as when I...