BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Darrel

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
  1. Darrel

Dana 44 steering arm removal

By the way Push Pull steering drives terrible if the drag link is not level.
  2. Darrel

Brakes are off? Weight of weapon?
  3. Darrel

Bumper tire swing gate

Drill and tap 2 holes. Install bolts and vinyl coated powder coat friendly cable.
  4. Darrel

Mechanic

@J.J. is the best in TN!! $275/hr? 🤣 Seriously, any sharp mechanic 50 or older will have experience with carbs and distributors and any trans or diff shop can handle a Scout.
  5. Darrel

Opinions on differential lockers?

https://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/154-0910-auburn-ected-locking-differential/
  6. Darrel

Should already be off by now!
  7. Darrel

Lift Kit Checklist - How To Do It Right?

Lighting, you don't need to buy application specific (jeep/scout) shocks. What you need is the correct length, valving, and mounting style. Read some articles on how to measure and buy universal shocks and it'll make sense. Like Patrick said 10" shocks up front should be good. However...
  8. Darrel

Opinions on differential lockers?

Early in this thread I linked to the thread where me and Joe talked about the Eaton Elockers. The Eaton ball and ramp style elocker along with the Auburn ECTED (now select a loc?) do not have the best reputation. Maybe the new Auburn is better I don't know, but the only type I'll be buying is...
  9. Darrel

‘72 1310 +’85 Alaskan

Yeah this front range weather brings the sux. I see now that most everything is already new. Have you tried bypassing the selector valve and using one tank as a test?
  10. Darrel

What's Alcan want for springs these days? Skyjacker with u-bolts no shocks is $800.
  11. Darrel

I bet the old wax trick would work amazing. Truck axle shaft was the first time I encountered them. Was losing my cool until my dad showed me the way. Dink, dink, dink. 45 seconds.
  12. Darrel

Given you said a 3/4 ton truck ride is in the acceptable range I personally would go with the 2" Skyjackers. The SB 350 is of course a lot lighter than a 345, however a steel bumper and winch will offset. Typical 12K winch is 85 lbs. Put the money you save into rebuildable/tunable shocks...
  13. Darrel

I'm going to take a shot at suggesting exactly what to do in my next post. Need to know a few things up front though. Drive like grandma, kinda of slow, modern speeds, or "I like to push it"? Wow that's a soft ride!, medium, or firm like 99% of the scouts. What do you want? Top or no top...
  14. Darrel

Dana 60 Bearings

Post a pic of your gear pattern. 🧐
  15. Darrel

No try only do!!!