BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Chris Cooper

Friends of BinderPlanet Facebook Group
  1. Chris Cooper

Pertronix ?

The set I put in the M715 required me to remove something from the points plate (the points pivot, maybe?), thus rendering a backup set of points unusable. The IH distributor must not require such destruction to mount the Pertronix, then, JJ?
  2. Chris Cooper

Happy Turkey Day All!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, hope the day is filled with happiness and companionship.
  3. Chris Cooper

My New '75 Scout II 81,000 Mile Truck

I have the four-pin variation on the camper. Do not be tempted to tin the wires for durability before insertion into the terminals on that plug; you will not be able thread up the screws. DAMHIK.
  4. Chris Cooper

Pertronix ?

I bought the 1310 with one in it, and I installed one in my other old truck, and I'm glad I did. The only consideration with a Pertronix is they don't like low battery voltage: if your battery voltage is down, your truck won't start. Neither of mine have a Pertronix coil in them, and I've...
  5. Chris Cooper

Let’s Discuss Airbags on a 1310 Rear Axle…

I'm pretty much at wits end vis-a-vis airbags at this point, Jerry, even though I'm still totally sold on the idea and its benefits for my particular application. Harry and I will discuss it over beer on Friday, and I'll see what his ideas are. He's a gifted problem solver: you should see...
  6. Chris Cooper

That is tempting; wish I was able to make it happen. Thank you for both suggestions.
  7. Chris Cooper

Greg, I've examined that location at length, and the problem with it falls under "fab skills, tools, and facilities" mentioned above. The shock mount seems like it would have to be relocated on both sides, and the brake hose support would have be relocated on the DS, tasks I don't have a...
  8. Chris Cooper

1969 Travelall - Back from the Dead

That is a really nice T-All. Looking forward to the build.
  9. Chris Cooper

I hadn't thought of both, but I'm not sure I have that option, Jerry: lack of available space, fab skills, tools, and facilities are arguing strongly against airbags at this point. I can always carry my old Hi Lift for wheel removal. I'll keep you posted, I'm not going anywhere.
  10. Chris Cooper

1974 Scout2 LS Swap with 4 Link Suspension

Keeping the tank full must be stunningly expensive, if gas is as expensive as I remember it was in ‘87 when I was going to the UCR. Very nice build! ¡Puravida! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. Chris Cooper

I talked to Lew at Alcan Spring today, and he says a new set of springs would take care of my ride height issues, just need an axle weight, and near as makes no difference, $1000 (his material costs have gone up four times since I paid for my front springs in February). I’d lose the...
  12. Chris Cooper

Wow, they take air suspension to a new level.
  13. Chris Cooper

Too Many Ads

Right... that's a sensible remedy... Moving on...
  14. Chris Cooper

Too Many Ads

Is there an application for a Mac?
  15. Chris Cooper

A 57 A120 4x4 followed me home , Now What ?

One advantage to 235/85-16's is the popularity of that size brings a huge variety of tread types and reasonable prices.