BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Chris Cooper

2022 Arizona International Harvester Rendezvous
  1. Chris Cooper

Is 85db Loud for a Truck Cab?

I think fan noise is a component of the noise in there, along with tire noise, and all the racket goes with 4.88 gears. I have carpet (with a Dynamat & Dynaliner substrate) and a fabric-covered seat, but an upholstered headliner could really help. Also, some sort of upholstery added to the steel...
  2. Chris Cooper

How Much Play is Too Much in a Pinion Bearing?

Thank you for the help. I know what I wrote, and I know I was mistaken. I acknowledged that above in post #8, together with the reason for my confusion. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Chris Cooper

Beautiful SnoStar up for auction

The listing mentions an "older frame-off restoration", which probably explains the appearance of the underside. It does to me, anyway.
  4. Chris Cooper

Project Fully Involved - 1969 IH 1300D Foundry Pump Truck

Yeah buddy-- the beast lives! So those must be the two tow hooks listed on my LST: the original bumper is long gone & I've been wondering about those.
  5. Chris Cooper

Is 85db Loud for a Truck Cab?

Thank you for the info. I have almost 8 years on drilling rigs, and am intimately acquainted with hearing loss. I've used earplugs extensively (I buy them by the case), but sometimes I forget them, I drop one, or don't have to time to put them in because something has just gone sideways and...
  6. Chris Cooper

I knew about the presence of rotational play, it was the side-to-side play that got me. If I could, I would definitely check that pinion nut, but the truck is at a repair shop where I would think they'd check it.
  7. Chris Cooper

He mis-posted a couple of beers in: that would be an RA-15, a big old third-member axle (according to the LST).
  8. Chris Cooper

Kind of what I was thinking, Greg. Thanks.
  9. Chris Cooper

I took my truck in to get the rear pinion seal replaced, and was told that they’d only replace it if there wasn’t too much play in the pinion bearing. I checked it & got a trace of lateral play, maybe 1/64, by the normal shade-tree method. RA-52 axle. Is this a fail?
  10. Chris Cooper

‘72 1310 +’85 Alaskan

Thanks! I don’t think this project will ever be done. The shock part # was provided by Jeff Campbell in Zolliker’s shock thread. I don’t have it written down anywhere, apparently. I forgot to check fit on that boot before I took the truck to a local transmission shop to have new seals...
  11. Chris Cooper

‘72 1310 +’85 Alaskan

Sure enough, Greg-- I had to remove it for that drag link socket to engage the DL properly.
  12. Chris Cooper

Quieting down the Scout 800 (lots of pictures)

I just read this after Jerry Kemp recommended it as a potential resource for mitigating some of the racket in my truck at highway speeds. I'm at 80-85db at 65 mph (depending on wind direction), and there are some good ideas here. Thank you for taking the time to post them.
  13. Chris Cooper

‘72 1310 +’85 Alaskan

I also got this in a shipment of FJ-40 wheel cylinders: Maybe, just maybe, it’ll be viable substitute for that POS little clutch-linkage boot that lasted about 500 miles. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. Chris Cooper

‘72 1310 +’85 Alaskan

New Monroes: Interesting the variation of fasteners used between the two sides; mixed nuts, really. I also noticed both of the riveted-on mounting brackets are loose on the frame, so the rivets will have to be ground off & replaced with bolts eventually. Centering bracket (pay no attention...
  15. Chris Cooper

‘72 1310 +’85 Alaskan

Went to Big Winderful Wyoming for a few days to correct a few things on the IH, the most important being putting the camper frame & everything piled on it back where it should be on the truck. Apparently, I was lax in keeping the u-bolts properly tightened. We used Harry's 10-ton Porta Power...
Binder TV
Binder TV