BinderPlanet.com

Welcome to BinderPlanet.com the World's Premier IH Website.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by bones_708

Binder TV
  1. B

Need help with a 74 tilt column.

I guess thats the part I'm missing
  2. B

That's what I understand but then what goes on holding sown the canceller cam? Normally you would put on the cam the lock and dust plate. What about the tilt?
  3. B

That might help. It's a different column but many things cross over. I don't have a lock plate or I missed it somehow. I'm still working but thanks for the help
  4. B

OK I have a 74 scout II and it has a tilt column and floor shift. A buddy was helping me one weekend and took off my steering wheel and took the turn signal out to replace the ignition. Well months later I have no idea where all the parts are and how it should go back together. I put in a new...
  5. B

Good Mechanic in Houston?

It would be great to have a spot to take it when it's just to much. Where are they located?
  6. B

Bonded title in Texas...anyone ever done one?

I don't think going the bonded title route gives much leeway. You could try to get the truck appraised but they are required to charge you $120? or something. You might find s dealer or insurance appraiser to give you a free or at least cheaper appraisal even if they are required to charge you...
  7. B

Just completed my bonded title today. It was a total cost of $600. They State valued the truck at 5600 which required a bond of over $8000 cost $127. $15 to the TxDOT office, $350 in taxes thanks to the $5600 dollar value, and about $100 for new plates and reg. Assuming they would value any...
  8. B

Always willing to help. My bond should come in next week and when I finish with this truck I'll let you know. Just to make sure I have everything straight.
  9. B

Just for an update I am in the process of bonding a title for a truck I just bought. It's a 96 Chevy and the TxDot people gave it a value of 5650.00 requiring a bond of 8475.00. The final cost of the bond delivered to me will only be 127.00. I will have to pay the tax on the 5650 and the reg...
  10. B

That is used for builders, foreign imports, home built trailers, and cars that lost their vins. Maybe if there was evidence the cars came from out of State but at least one and possibly both are from Texas so no you shouldn't need that form. Don't talk to the people in the local tax office...
  11. B

Well you have to fill out a couple of forms but you don't need the cops for any paperwork on bonded titles. Sounds like someone is giving you bad advice unless things have changed in 6 months. Go look at VTR 270 that are linked off the TxDot site I posted. No place for the cops on the form.
  12. B

There is a form at TxDot VTR-275 , actually you can get a title history at the tax office also but vehicles will fall off their system if they go to many years without registration, that will give the title history for a vehicle if it has ever been titled in Texas. This is not considered "Public...
  13. B

My understanding is not every county will give a hearing anymore. Tax Collectors must be bonded upon taking office. If they approve a title and there is a dispute then they can be held liable. In Harris county you would have to have a solid chain of evidence for a hearing and even then it just...
  14. B

Thermoquad fuel bowl question

"Epon" Epoxy MS 907 Sourced from Miller-Stephenson. http://www.miller-stephenson.com/ It reportedly what was originally used and has been said to specifically work in this application
  15. B

tires & wheels

The bolt pattern will fit but the center hole will be to small and the tire offset would be wrong. Depending on the tire you may be able to cut or bore out the center but since the different offset basically moves the tire "in" depending on the size it may reduce the ability for the wheel to...