Binder Planet
BinderPlanet

Go Back   Binder Planet Forums > General Forums > General IH Tech

Old 09-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Farmall Cub

Default Scout 800 window regulators

When I bought my '67 Scout 800 2 years ago it had two sets of doors. I am just tying into the ones with roll up windows since both windows were stuck.

I pulled one door apart, cleaned the regulator, greased it and figured out how the regulator operates with the channels, wing, etc.- reassembled the whole thing, attached the window to the regulator arms and it moves pretty well - BUT

It stops with about 4 or 5 inches of window still above the door.

Is that standard? When the window stops the regulator is extended all the way to the end of the channel on the window that the arm fits into.

Thanks -
Old 09-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Farmall Cub

Default Re: Scout 800 window regulators

Here is the answer to my own question -

Grease, Grease, Grease -

And there was a large screw missing from the wing assembly which allowed some movement and the window to hang on the wing assembly.

It is now not perfect, still a little stutter - but I have full motion from all the way rolled up to all the way rolled down.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:37 PM
High Wheeler

Nice work.
I'm going through the same thing. After some lubrication, and cleaning the windows go all the way down (level with the door, and all the way up.
One of the things I've read is that these windows need good channel guides, felts and squeegees to work correctly (no stutter up and down).
I used some mobil 1 synthetic grease after cleaning, and it made a big difference on the driver's side. Now I just have to pony up to the bar, and buy all the felts, and guides.

August 2012, "the build" begins...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Farmall Cub

Didn't realize anyone responded to my window regulator post -

Thanks for responding.

I am doing right now exactly what you described - ponying up for felts, seals, pins for the window handles and for a missing handle.

Ouch.

Say - do you know if a late 1960's jeep used the same door catch as a Scout 800?

I am missing both.

gs
Old 10-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Farmall Cub

I am also in the process of getting my windows to work like new. The parts are expensive, but from what I have read they make the windows go up and down like new. I emailed scoutparts.com and for all the parts for both doors it is $215 shipped. A lot but worth it to me to get these windows working. All I need now are the door seals and my scout will be 99% complete.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 PM
High Wheeler

Don't know about the "Jeep" parts, but from what little I've seen and been told, Scouts have some parts that are the same as used on GM & Dodge products, so you may get lucky in a salvage yard.
Please post up your experience installing the guides and felts. I'm about a month behind you on that project. Thanks!

Scott
Old 10-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Farmall Cub

Thanks for the tip about old GM or Dodge parts, Commanche Scott. I might try the local salvage yard and take a pic of the door latch.

Also - tnscouter - if you haven't purchased all of your seals yet from Scoutparts.com - I have been taken aback by some of their pricing and have found some alternatives. They do probably have the widest selection of parts, but there are some other options.

On the door seals, Binder Books runs a parts shop. http://www.binderbooks.com/lotsoparts.htm

I found a complete set for both doors (i.e. top to bottom door seals) for $78.
That is a much better price that Scoutparts.com.

The felt for the windows, I found at Anything Scout for $40 both doors -
http://www.anythingscout.com. That is my next project - and I will see if I can figure out how to post a couple of pictures. They will need some adaptation to fit up and stay solid.

Hope that helps your project.

gs

Tags
196 , 800 , bar , binder , door , doors , parts , pictures , project , roll , salvage , scout , scout 80 , scout 800 , seals , stalling , stuck , top