Binder Planet
BinderPlanet

Go Back   Binder Planet Forums > General Forums > General IH Tech

IH Sierra Fall Rallye

Old 02-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Farmall Cub

Default D20, TC145 teach us

I'm doing research on the tcase for my 79 SII. Doug says it should be a D20, he should be right, which i think should also be called tc145. However i think the shifters for the D20 or TC 145 are closer together than mine. Who else can help. I can't do anything untill tomorrow so just trying to learn something new.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:37 AM
High Wheeler

Default Re: D20, TC145 teach us

Yep, unless it has been swapped, your '79 should have a Dana Model 20 transfer case. IH called it TC145. It should have only one shift lever. Picture=1000 words.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:50 AM
High Wheeler

I just looked at your other post. Your TRANSFER CASE has one shift lever. The other lever is for the TRANSMISSION.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Doug Shailor

More info:

Early D20's came in a twin stick (shift levers) confirguation but long before '79 the single stick version was used by IH.

If you have a 4 speed tranny then it should be a Borg Warner T-19. If it is a 3 speed then it should be a BW T-15D.

The T-19 came with two different sets of gear ratios. The wide version has a first gear of 6.xx:1 and the close version has a first gear of 4.xx:1.

You might discover a lot of this info is in the FAQ section as well as tons of other stuff. The FAQ button is the tool bar near the top of the screen.

Tags
100 , 1000 , 3 speed , bar , borg warner , case , faq , gear , gear ratios , top , tranny , transmission