Binder Planet
BinderPlanet

Go Back   Binder Planet Forums > IH Clubs > Member-Club Forums > Southeast Binders Association

2nd Annual North West Poker Run

Old 09-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Farmall Cub

Default Junkyard in Pickens, SC

FYI, There are 11 Scouts IIs (as of June '04) in the IronMan 4WD junkyard near Pickens, SC. Not much sheet metal that's straight, but several complete and some with complete drive trains ('80 diesel, w/both axles, T 19, probably Dana 300 TC for example). See www.ironman4wd.com for directions (they are hard to find). They told me last June when I was there that they were wanting to get rid of all their Scouts for scrap metal. So, not sure of current status. I will be going there in a couple of weeks (from Atlanta) to get the remaining things I need.
Don Howell
Mableton, GA
'77 SSII
'72 SII (undergoing body-off restoration)
Old 09-22-2004, 11:06 AM
High Wheeler

Default Re: Junkyard in Pickens, SC

Let me know when you are going, that is about 20-30 minutes from me. Maybe we can meet there and rummage together

Robby

'76 Scout II - 345, T19, 2.5" Rancho, 32" BFG
'73 1010 Travelall - 392, 3.31's
'80 Scout II - 345, 2.72's

http://www.southeastbinders.com

Old 09-22-2004, 11:27 AM
High Wheeler

Be very careful there. Eric Harrover and I spent about a day up there one Saturday, and Eric made deals on 3 different Scout I believe. Went back the next week to pick them up and pay for them, and the old guy thats the owner backed out of the deal and said that he would have to charge more money for the trucks, he had sold them to cheap. Moral of the story, make sure to get it in writing (which I doubt he will do) or haul and pay what you want that day. Forget about trying to deal on a diesel scout as well, he thinks those are platinum plated!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Bruce Shealy

Be very careful with Mr. James the owner of Ironman,..His son David however is a very nice young man and is a straight dealer but the old man will have to be screwed in the ground when he dies. He does have some desirable stuff up there but "grampa" is a loon. I was in there one day when a man from Pa who had done a deal with "grampa" over the phone and drove down pulling a car hauler to pull his Kaiser Jeep wagon back to Pa when the mean old loon jacked the price up on him after he drove 600 miles. I steer clear of them,..they just aint worth the hassle,..too many other places to look besides them. Come to think of it,.."James" is a good last name for him. Be careful and a word to the wise,..get ready.

1977 Scout Midas Street Machine
1980 Scout Terra
1980 Scout SD33T

Charter Member SEBA
Old 09-24-2004, 06:04 AM
High Wheeler

I agree with Bruce, any dealings I have had with David have been straight forward, no funny business. However, David will not set a price on a complete vehicle and leaves that up to his dad, who is a indeed a loon.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:37 AM
Farmall Cub

hey, where is this junkyard? i have been to one in seneca and i am not sure if its the same. when i went to the one in seneca, they were pretty nice and gave me a good price on stuff.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:16 AM
High Wheeler

The place is located at 1599 Midway Road Pickens, SC 29671 864.878.2903. It located between Pickens and Pumpkintown between US 178 abnd SC 8. I just spoke to the son and he seemed interested in getting rid of what he had left.

Jim, let me know if you would be interested in going up there. I could go up there anytime really.

Whats the place in Seneca that you are speaking of?

Robby

'76 Scout II - 345, T19, 2.5" Rancho, 32" BFG
'73 1010 Travelall - 392, 3.31's
'80 Scout II - 345, 2.72's

http://www.southeastbinders.com

Old 09-24-2004, 12:11 PM
High Wheeler

Jim,

I am interested in this place in Seneca as well. Do they have any Travelalls? I didn't know anyplace in Seneca had any IHs.

Mitch
Old 09-26-2004, 06:41 AM
High Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Howell
FYI, There are 11 Scouts IIs (as of June '04) in the IronMan 4WD junkyard near Pickens, SC. Not much sheet metal that's straight, but several complete and some with complete drive trains ('80 diesel, w/both axles, T 19, probably Dana 300 TC for example). See www.ironman4wd.com for directions (they are hard to find). They told me last June when I was there that they were wanting to get rid of all their Scouts for scrap metal. So, not sure of current status. I will be going there in a couple of weeks (from Atlanta) to get the remaining things I need.
Don Howell
Mableton, GA
'77 SSII
Let me know when you are going, I'm right up the road from you in Lithia Springs.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:43 AM
High Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Howell
Don Howell
Mableton, GA
'77 SSII
B.T.W., Smallwoods has 1 scout (73'ish), looked to be in decent shape iffen you are interested.

Tags
345 , 4x4 , 800 , axles , body , case , diesel , door , electrical , front , ground , oil , part , parts , pickup , pictures , pulling , restoration , scout , scout 80 , scout ii , top , travelall , travelette , truck