Zuke...you get that Scote?

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Binders Association' started by Mike Moore, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Wondering if anything ever came out of the Scote you were going to look at.

2. zuke

zuke Farmall Cub

Ah yes, the results of my Scote-ing trip to Rixeyville....

There was much more to see than the "Scote", but first, the scout... It's an '80 traveler, The body is pretty much shot, though I've seen worse, It's a 345, 727, setup, don't know what the axles or transfer case are, it has a home made Plow mount/bumper on it that looks really solid, but no mortar board or plow frame, a not to shabby interior, a dash with only one crack, a decent looking grill, all glass intact and other miscellania. The owner wants it gone, and will take $250 for it. I personally have no where to put it, or I'd buy it, If someone wanted to take it I'd be willing to buy it, I'd transport it, and take first pick of parts.... I would want the Power Steering pump, brackets, and box, Steering Wheel, The front bumper/plow setup, Intake if it is a four barrel, gas tank if solid and possibly some of the interior, lights, and electrics (Plow controls, heater blower), the rest of the driveline would stay with it, "Ran good when parked" several years ago... If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

Sorry Cliff, no Cruise Control on it....

[​IMG]

Now, Some of the other stuff...

This all belongs to the son of the land owner, I don't have prices on anything, but the son isn't as motivated to sell as the father, but is willing to sell any of the vehicles for "A fair price" (He isn't going to sell anything below scrap value like the scout is priced).

First was this truck;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's in the same field as the scout, It's titled as a '63, but he thinks it's a '61. It has 304, and was missing it's fuel pump, It hasn't run in a long time. Had typical cab corner and floor rot, and a spare engine in the bed.

The Rest of the trucks are in deep brush, so I didn't get good pictures of them and honestly can't remember the years for sure, but if any one is interested, I can get more info...

This one has the floor patched already, still has typical cab corner rot, and was being driven regularly about 5 years ago.... I believe it was a 345/4 speed "Ran when parked";

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is an old L-series half ton with the I-6 and a 4 Speed in it, he says it runs really nice, and has road gears in it, runs up to 55mph in third without a problem. The cab is supposedly in very nice shape, other than the huge dent in the top where the pine tree fell on it :(

[​IMG]

This is (I believe he said) a '73, 1300, with a built 392. The same tree that fell on th L-series fell on this truck as well. He used this truck for Pulling competitions, and is still entertaining the idea of pulling it out of the field, putting a cab off of another truck he has (that I didn't see) on it, and using it for that again, none the less, he said he would sell it "for the right price"

[​IMG]

Finally he had this one at his house, 345... and i think it was a 4 speed, Plow mount and pump, the floor is patched, but it had cab corner and cowl rot bad.... this is a running truck, but he isn't using it, and would sell it as well.

[​IMG]

3. Mike Moore

Somebody make them an offer on the whole lot of them...then make a documentary on retrieving them! I'd watch it.:rockon:

I may be interested in the Traveler. Let me get with my customer and see what he wants to do for an engine. He may not want to gamble, though.

4. WesV

WesV Y-Block King

John you are evil, I didn't need to see several C series for sale. :censored::censored:

The first one is a '61-62 model as the guy suspects. I can't tell the year for sure on the second one but a guess based on the interior is '66-67 (dash pad, 2 spoke steering wheel, pull style heater controls) and the last one is a '65 based on the grill and looks like it has all the options for '65 (power steering and power brakes were not common at all on a '65 4x4) depending on what he wants for the '65 I might be interested.

5. zuke

zuke Farmall Cub

If you want Wes, you can PM me your number, and I'll pass it on, Or I can just ask him what he wants, but I have a feeling it's gonna be "Make me an offer"...

And I'm not trying to be evil! (Well, maybe a little....) I really thought you'd be more interested in the 1300 though....

The Power Steering on the 65 is Inop, but he says he drives it that way, the windshield is cracked (Alot). The tires were in very good condition.

6. WesV

WesV Y-Block King

John,
    If you want to PM me his contact info, I might give him a call here in a month or so once I get a few slots in the junkyard open and some extra cash in the pocket.

7. Mike Moore

The Traveler is at my place as I type this. If there is anything folks may need, speak up! If it's not on Zuke's list, or my list, it is likely up for grabs.

8. zuke

zuke Farmall Cub

On the Traveler, My list is pretty much still the same, I've decided against the seats, (Debbie talked me out of them) even though they are decent looking seats, My Scout pretty much lives topless, so cloth seats are a bad Idea... If whoever uses the motor doesn't need the Prestolite distributor, I wouldn't mind having it, but that would be going in Project Traveler, so I don't need it right away, and I've already got a working Gold Box on it if someone wants the prestolite with the motor.

Wes; More info on the one at his house. Title says '66, He has all the parts to fix the power steering/brake hydroboost, they come with the truck... It's a 304, not a 345, It's got a Holley 2 Barrel 500cfm carb... He wants 1,100 with the carb, or 900 without. I've got another interested party (My brother in law...looked at it this weekend when we picked up the traveler), But doubt he is serious.

9. Mike Moore

Well, after an hour or so of playing...here's a little update with the Traveler's specs:
    1980 Traveler
    TF727
    Dana 20
    3.31:1 rears
    Very rough body
    Front mid-back buckets from newer vehicle
    Grille is cracked above both headlights
    Late style Rallye steering wheel on non-tilt column
    2-row radiator
    Steel wheels and dented hubcaps
    Title in hand, titled as a pickup (slightly more lenient lift law in VA)

I will most likely pull the engine/transmission/transfer case out as a unit and may use the 304, otherwise I really don't have any need for any of it. If someone has a want or need, please email or call me.:)

10. Mike Moore

Alright, this is to update the Scote situation as it now stands.

Today, Eddie and I were at the JY to pick up a transmission for the Scout we have in the shop, and we asked if we could look around while we were there. The owner said sure, so away we went. It was hot, the weeds were high, and we really weren't looking for anything in particular...that means we were bound to come across SOMETHING, right? Well, it was a Metro, presumably late 50's era. :punk: We peeked quickly at it, and determined that it seemed fairly complete. Upon return to the front desk, I asked, and as it was sitting REAL close to the crusher, I imagine we asked at the right time...and I now own a Metro. How's this tie in to the Scote in this thread?...He's gonna swap us out pound for pound, then charge us $XX per pound of difference and we can take the Metro home. :rockon: Story goes that it ran real recently, and it was last inspected in '94. Woman was using it to store yard sale goodies in during the week to put up for sale on Saturdays.:cornfused: So...we are planning to get it running and sell it as a quick "flip" project. We'll see how it goes.:hammer:

11. zuke

zuke Farmall Cub

That's Excellent Mike! Glad you are getting something good outta the deal...

12. Dave Nutter

Dave Nutter Farmall Cub

I love it !!!!!!

13. Mike Moore

Nutter, I told Eddie yesterday:
    "You know who'll buy the Metro when we get it running?...NUTTER!"
    His reply?:
    "LOL! Yeah he will!"
    :clap:
    We have you figgered out.:yes:

14. Keith F

Keith F Binder Driver

TTIWWOP of the Metro!!!

15. Mike Moore

It may be MORE worthless WITH pics. We'll get it loaded up and on our own turf, then post away.:punk:

16. Mike Moore

little issue with teh JY's loader today, so we didn't get it home. I snapped this picture real quick while we were there, though.

[​IMG]

17. gmbarker78

gmbarker78 Farmall Cub

Cool Save Mike! :punk: Can't wait to see more pics of it's condition, always wanted to add a Metro to my collection, too bad the timing is off. :no:

I vote you use it as an advertising billboard, spray it flat orange with a little pinstripping and slap a logo on that baby.

18. Dennis Bernth

Dennis Bernth Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That sounds like a plan, I know a guy that can make you about any kind of logo or decal you might want to put on it!

19. Mike Moore

Off white up top, orange-cream on the bottom...black stripe around the beltline...I'm feelin' it. However, I really plan to get it running and sell it off to someone else.:)

20. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

You could make it a mobile office, so you could cut custom decals at shows! I see a business opportunity here!

Give it a stance like this:
    [​IMG]

But clean lines like this one:
    [​IMG]

But of course you would probably want a GM crate motor!