World War Two Military Vehicles

Discussion in 'The Reading Room' started by Colin Rush, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Colin Rush

Colin Rush Man of Voive Staff Member Moderator

The complete title is World War Two Military Vehicles: Transport & Halftracks. This book shows a large cross section (but not all) military trucks and halftracks used by the major combatant countries during World War II. The book is organized by country, listing the vehicles used by Great Britain, the British Commonwealth, Germany, the United States, the Soviet Union, France, Italy, and Japan, in that order. Maybe 2/3 of the photographs are black & white, while the remainder are color. The color photographs are modern photos taken of restored trucks.

While I didn't find anything in Britain, Commonwealth, France, or the Soviet Union (all of which received trucks via Lend-Lease), there are a number of International trucks. I saw several different model IH halftracks, a couple M-5H-6, an H-542, and the KR-8 trucks. Several photographs were taken at the Bovington Tank Museum, where an IHC M9A1 armored personnel carrier has resided since 2012. The M-1-4, M-2-4, M-3-4, and M-5-6 trucks are completely absent, as is the tracked armored personnel carrier that IHC built.

The author was G.N. Georgano. This was originally published by Osprey Automotive, Reed Consumer Books, and The Book Package Company as a hard cover book. The ISBN-10 is 1855324067, and the ISBN-13 is 978-1855324060. It was also published in a soft-cover edition with the same ISBN numbers.

A newer 1998 edition was published by Motorbooks International / MBI. This is a hard-bound book. The ISBN numbers are the same.

Attached Files:

• mvs.jpg
      mvs.jpg
      File size:
      19.7 KB
      Views:
    gwinter1129 likes this.
  2. militarymetroman

militarymetroman Farmall Cub

Colin...
    (hope I'm doing this right) I just now joined up...just acquired a 1944 M-5H-6 swb dump truck, so I'm on the prowl for a TM-series shop manual...if you know of any...or where one might look for said publication. Got an original Master Parts Manual from Steve Greenberg (Portland MVCC member; you probably already know him)coupla weeks ago, now I need to find the right TM or equivalent shop manual. Portrayal Press doesn't have one and I figure if Steve doesn't have one or know where to find it...this is going to be challenging! You can e-mail me at sprang@yahoo.com if you like, as well. Many thanks! 20160424_115027.jpg

gwinter1129 likes this.
  3. Colin Rush

Colin Rush Man of Voive Staff Member Moderator

So you are the guy that bought that truck. Someone else sent me a photo of it, and was considering getting it.

E-mail on its way.

-Colin

4. militarymetroman

militarymetroman Farmall Cub

Sorry...the e-mail address is missing one letter: it's sprangp@yahoo.com...my computer no longer likes the letter p.

5. gwinter1129

gwinter1129 High Wheeler

Nice truck! Please keep us updated on your progress, Greg

6. gwinter1129

gwinter1129 High Wheeler

Had to give you a like on that one Colin. I appreciate reference resources since I like history and enjoy seeing how it relates to our hobby. Thanks, Greg