Will Haul from Wy to Tucson

Discussion in 'Sonora Desert Scouts (Arizona)' started by Hutch, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Hutch

Hutch Farmall Cub

I'll be driving from Lander Wyoming to Tucson AZ, leaving Sunday 10/14 afternoon, and planning on rolling into Tucson Monday late or tuesday morning. I'll be Hauling my scout down on a trailer, and will be hauling a good chunk of my tools down too, but I should have a fair bit of space in the bed of a F350 if anyone needs parts hauled along the way. Would have to figure out logistics, and I'd prefer to stay close to my route (which is still being figured out) but If anyone needs anything picked up let me know.

2. rlireland

rlireland Content Team Staff Member Moderator

Hi Ryan,

I posted a reply yesterday but it didn't show up. I must have forgotten to click submit:eek: .
    I thought you were moving down here in August? Well, I think you picked a better time since we're just now beginning to feel the fall weather.
    You'll get here too late for the Oct Sonora Desert Scouts meeting on the 15th, but mark you calendar for Sunday, Nov 12 and join us at Village Inn on Oracle between Orange Grove and Ina at 5:00pm

Roy

3. Hutch

Hutch Farmall Cub

Thanks for the info Roy,
    I did head down in mid August, tnd then came back up to train my replacement for my old job. I ended up leaving the scout up here so I would have a vehicle while I was in Wyoming, and I had a little work to wrap up on it too. This trip down will be to haul the scout, most of my garage tools, and to drive a company truck from Wyoming to Tucson. I will definately mark my calender for the Nov. date, and am excited to be spending the fall down there. It actually snowed up here the other day, so it will be nice to get into some a bit mellower environment as far as temps go.
    I look forward to meeting you all in November, and hope to see you on the roads and trail before then. I've spotted a few scouts out and about in the short time I was down there already.

4. willy

willy Binder Driver

Hey snowbird, a little "termination dust" in the high country and you hightail it south ;)

So you made it ok? Any tread left on the scout tires :)

Willy

5. Hutch

Hutch Farmall Cub

Haha!
    I even started my hightailing prior to the white stuff falling up there!
    I made it down fine, went the Craig, Meeker, Grnd Jct., Moab, Flag route, and all was smooth until Pheonix. I swear everytime I go through there I catch the height of rush hour! Once out of Pheonix, it just took a little stomp on the skinny pedal to pass a guy from Sonora and the rest was smooth sailing.
    I rented a car hauler (all four wheels off the ground) to tow the scout since I was driving the new SW branch truck down. It worked great, but with any larger tires I would have been SOL. Now that I am here though I will be looking into new rubber. Even though I only put like a hundred miles (maybe!) on after doing the suspension, I never finished aligning the scout and the front tires are pretty worn on the outsides.
    I'll post some pics with the new tires when I get them.
    Hey I saw a sweet KB (I think) here the other day, a white '45 1 ton with a sweet bed (toolboxes on both sides and a tailgate that proudly reads the year and INTERNATIONAL across the back. Sign on the door said Wolfe Company, a general contractor. Made me think of yours.