What mirrors are you running on doors

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by 74scout2, Mar 29, 2016.

1. 74scout2

74scout2 Farmall Cub

I
    have a set and a second set. If I do away I will keep u posted

2. Adriaan

Adriaan Farmall Cub

I was looking for mirrors my self when I saw your post. Initially I was thinking of the GM style mirrors but then I found some mirrors that I like on Rockauto.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are K-source 3511 and are just over $5,- a piece ex. shipping. I just received them and unpacked. They look nice but we'll see how they hold up on the Scout.
    At this price it's possible to experiment a little.

3. h2oluver2k2

h2oluver2k2 Farmall Cub

I have those same mirrors on one of my Scouts and really like them. I bought a set for my other Scout to replace factory mirror but the base won't cover both existing mount holes from factory mirror. So I am trying to find a solution to be able to mount those mirrors without leaving me a hole in the door.... Newer paint job and filling or welding hole is not really an option.... Oh yah and I paid way more for those from a Scout vendor only to later find I could get them on Rock auto for like 6 bucks a piece....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

4. David Fulford

David Fulford Binder Driver

Here's mine with the Ford mirrors. Can't remember what year. As others have said, they don't like to stay adjusted after shutting the doors. These were cheap aftermarket ones. Maybe more expensive ones will stay put? I might get mine set where I want them and glue them in place. I'm the only one that drives it. IIRC I bent the frame that the mirror mounts to a bit to get it to fit better. I think they originally were pointing up a bit. That kinda screws with the angles if you want to fold them in but not bad. They still fold in just not as much.
    [​IMG]

GooseChaser likes this.
  5. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

There are 3 small screws by the ball,tighten these up to stop the movement,or bring it to Pa,drive it in the winter.The mirror will rust in place and you wont beable to move it.

6. hollow point

hollow point Farmall Cub

7. Patrick Morris

Patrick Morris Lives in an IH Dealership

This is why I went with the early Bronco mirrors. They're very similar to the size and configuration, and reproductions are plentiful. I actually think they're a little better looking than the stock IH mirrors. Just my opinion though.

8. 74scout2

74scout2 Farmall Cub

Adriaan do they come in black?
    And are they big enough of to short?

9. Adriaan

Adriaan Farmall Cub

I haven't got around to putting them on yet, but they a definitly big enough. The mirror is similar in size as the GM style that peole are using only the part that mounts to the door is less bulky.
    This model is only available in chrome. I'm sorry I can't show a picture with them installed. Maybe h2oluver2k2 can post a pic of the mirror on his Scout because he said he has the same mirrors.

10. h2oluver2k2

h2oluver2k2 Farmall Cub

I'm at work so can't take any fresh pictures specifically showing the mirrors but here are a few where you should be able to get the idea...
    Also Anything Scout has these in black. I haven't seen them in black on Rock Auto but they might be there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

11. Adriaan

Adriaan Farmall Cub

Great job. Thanks for the pics man. I like they way they look. Can't wait to put them on mine but I have to be patient to get my job done to earn some free time and IH $$ to spend.

h2oluver2k2 likes this.
  12. sassparilla_kid

sassparilla_kid Farmall Cub

I have these on my '71 1-ton, and they suck. I put them on because it didn't have mirrors when I picked it up and I needed something to get me home. Not only do they look goofy, they're in a terrible spot (really low) and difficult to glance at quickly. As soon as my truck is back on the road (hopefully this month or next) I'm gonna ditch them for the Ford style or maybe some west coast mirrors

13. CazNeck79

CazNeck79 Binder Driver

Good to know, my old ramcharger had decent mirrors but they weren't the stock ones. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on that one!

14. Adriaan

Adriaan Farmall Cub

Got my mirrors installed. I used the forward mounting hole for the Original mirrors and drilled two new hole to mount the new mirrors. I didn't use the plastic nuts or the screws that came with the mirrors because the for the plastic nuts I would have had to drill 10 mm holes. Too big and not sure if they will hold the mirror over time. Instead I use some M6 (sorry metric) Stainless alan head bolts with a big washer and lock nut on the inside of the door. I will need to fill up the hole left over of the Original mirrors. Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CoopVA likes this.