what did you do this weekend?

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by binderbart, Jan 8, 2006.

1. binderbart

binderbart High Wheeler

finished the trail scout front bumper this weekend. got the clevis mounts welded on and drilled some holes to match up with the front holes in the frame. now I will have 5 mounting points instead of two. I'm going to take it to a guy I know and have it sand blasted next. this baby is solid. no more worries about it being strong enough now. I also got the good scout out and cruised it around and cleaned up the general after the older lad messed it up . pretty good weekend with alot accomplished.

2. Lava

Lava High Wheeler

stripped and prime/painted the inside of my free, new, 800 hood early.
    rained most of the rest of the day yesterday so worked the hood hinges over inside the house.
    today started stripping the outside of my hood, but was thwarted by the wind off the pacific.

3. benmaples

benmaples High Wheeler

Nothing IH related sad to say. Replacing an A/C compressor on a Ferd Ranger. Also getting my shop [ massive 12'x14' ] in order so I can seperate my tools & don't have to bring as much home on weekends for shade tree wrench turning :D

4. Matt G

Matt G Farmall Cub

Spent the night at the riverside haven of Micheal "Dr. Carburetor" Mayben, having him show me how to tear the whole thing down and refresh it. What a blast! Working in a real shop with real tools and real know-how was a lot of fun for a wannabe like me. :eek: Having Max the dog stick his nose in my ear every time I got down on the floor under the Scout was an added bonus, albeit a cold, wet one. :rolleyes:

We also installed a hitch (very unique, but it fit) and discovered that my air shocks still hold pressure!

The best part was the intruder I discovered while disassembling the accelerator pump - check out the pic below. He's been squashed for some time, and explains at least some of why I've had a low-throttle response problem lately!

All in all a great weekend. Thanks Mike!

[​IMG]

5. Scott Sinner

Scott Sinner High Wheeler

I played...

The Pics are captured from video, I have started turning the videos into movies with Windows Moviemaker.

I can see myself doing more movies of the death defying action wheeling.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  6. scoutman800

scoutman800 Y-Block King

okay i see scott had fun. did ya pull out any jeeps though? :D
    see had some fun post below.............

7. IH64Scout

IH64Scout Dreams of Cub Cadets

nothin IH here either. just wheeled my power wagon! :cool: man the t-case lo-loc kicks butt! just wish the t-case wasn't OUTSIDE the frame, the cross member is soo low, can't beat then internationals though, i miss mine! :( i poked a hole in the rear diff cover sat. got to test out my AAA card. :cool: a nice new International crew cab roll back came to get me....it was sweet to say the least, mabe i should break down more to go for a ride in it!! :D got her home, threw a new cover out and went back sun. to wheel some more! anyone think a mix of 85-140,80-90 gear oil, and about a quart of 10w-30 motor oil will hurt the rear? i figure it'll be alright. :rolleyes: that was all my fun for the weekend. :)

8. Dan

Dan Guest

Finished installing the winch, installed a new 4 core radiator. Took her out for a drive up a 2 hour hill from sea water to over 7000' in elevation to test out the radiator. I'm pleased as punch. But, I now want new front springs to accomodate all that extra weight I've added to the Scout. I'll order my springs next week.

Attached Files:

9. Leman

Leman Binder Driver

What size shops do some of you other guys have.. Im inhertiting a 25'x30' shop fully stocked with hand tools some power tools and an air compressor and acouple of tools for it. any way ill be getting all of this when my grandad passes.. it wont be long because of lung cancer. :(

10. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

I worked! BTW I work weekends 3 12's which gives me four days off during the week to work on my projects and fly!

That sounds kinda bad and a hella of a way to get some tools.

I have a 30x40 shop for cars. And a 50x80 Hanger for everything else!

11. Scott Sinner

Scott Sinner High Wheeler

Dan,

Nice install on the Winch. Looks odd to see all that room behind the grill. What brand on the winch?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  12. surfcraft

surfcraft Binder Driver

I finally pulled the top back off the Scout II. I'll be grinding the rust from the floors and getting the seats and console back in after Line-x, which will be soon, I hope. Everything's out but the driver's seat. I've been driving it to work for the last coupla weeks with only the one seat and no belts. The kids have been calling it the Scoutapult or the Dadapult, but now without the top or rollbar it scares even me. Gotta finish it on the fast track.

JW

13. bluescout

bluescout High Wheeler

I spent the day at Gilette Stadium watching the Patriots manhandle the Jacksonville Jaguars.

My garage is 15w x 25L and nice and toasty warm if I need it to be

14. Jeff Eggemeyer

Jeff Eggemeyer Binder Driver

Did the tourist thing this weekend with a lady friend and her kids, soccer game, fishing show, the arch, and dinner on Saturday.

Then Sunday was a carnage type of day. Decided to go for ride in the scout at the farm. Finally wore out the gov-loc about the same time I trashed the right front u-joint, inner and outer right side axle shafts, along with the rag joint. All about the same time I was trying a fairly difficult creek crossing on Leon's (fellow Bi-State Binder member) farm. After 3 different winching setups, 4 foot lift with a hi-lift jack and some luck, we finally pulled it from the creek, total time: about 2 hours.

Jeff

15. Yeti

Yeti Farmall Cub

Not this weekend but here is something along those lines. ;)

Attached Files:

16. Yeti

Yeti Farmall Cub

This was a good weekend as me and other members of our club hauled a 75 Scout II Home for RattBoy, our latest Binder owner.

He got a hell of a deal. :D

Looks like we need some stronger ramps. They worked great for Xjs. LOL :p

Attached Files:

17. scout-ED

scout-ED Farmall Cub

Changed all the fluids in my recently purchased 63 Scout 80. Engine and transmission are much smoother now.
    One question; when I drained my tranny there were metal flakes in the fluid...I'm FAR from a transmission mechanic but this can't be good right?! My rig is still not road worthy yet but when I do take her down a fairly steep hill in my neighborhood in 2nd gear (under stress) it'll pop out of gear. Also probably not a good sign...Suggestions?

TIA

18. JerryD

JerryD High Wheeler

I re-masculated my SII by installing new AVM lockouts and reinstalling the front driveshaft (been out for 6 months!). Also went house hunting again. One place has a three stall garage (nice indeed) but another place the builder will put up a 20x24 matching detached garage (has a two-stall already). I'm thinking I'd prefer the detached over a 3stall. We shall see....

[whine]I hate living in a townhouse... my tools are spread out over 3 cities... I'm not supposed to work on the vehicle in the parking lot... yada yada yada. [/whine]

;)

19. Buddy

Buddy Farmall Cub

I rewired my engine compartment Friday. Ripped out a bunch of PO wiring that was abandoned. I think it was for trailer brakes and a light bar. I also bought relays for the headlights which I haven't had time to hook up. The new battery tray was installed yesterday and I fired up the newly rebuilt 304 for the first time. I put in a little gas, turned the key and it fired right up. But then, I discovered a little water leak. I resealed the thermostat housing with the Right Stuff. No leaks.

Saturday I didn't get a chance to work on the Traveler. I should be driving it by now.

20. Gary Billings

Gary Billings Dreams of Cub Cadets

Saturday...committed myself to buying a '64 Travelall...4wd, 304, 4 spd, really nice shape. Will put either Chevy 4-6" lift springs on it or Alcans. Dana 44 (or Dana 60) front and 14 bolt rear, 345 or 392 swap... oh yeah! I want to fit at least 35's on it. Summer project!

Sunday...finished patching the rear floor & welded on the pass. side qp & endcap on the wife's Scout II project here. Prepped the bed and applied Herculiner. Go the thing running again after sitting for a few months (stuck check valve in the Edelbrock).

-Gary