Were C-Line Travelall's ever sold in Australia (or any other RHD countries)

Discussion in '"International" Harvesters' started by bmax65, Nov 15, 2007.

1. bmax65

bmax65 Farmall Cub

Hello All,

Just curious if C-Line Travelalls were ever sold in Australia or any other RHD countries.

Always wanted a RHD rig ever since I visited Australia years ago, just to be different. But most cars/trucks are a pain with 'handed' dashboards and window wipers- I know the Aussies will spend big $$ converting Yank rigs. But, I've noticed the C-Line dashboard is symmetrical, and the wipers clear both sides of the windshield fine...just wondering how hard it would be to make a Travelall RHD.

Any inputs? Any pics that could be posted, or copies of RHD literature?

Thank You.

Brian

2. SCscoutguy

SCscoutguy Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. Brad T

Brad T Farmall Cub

Hi mate. I am from Australia (still living here) I have just found this site, registered and this is the first post ive read. Coincidence as i have just inherited a C series truck and am looking for info on them myself!
    To answer your question, yes we got C series Inters here, mine is a C-1500, but i have no idea what a "travelall" is.... must be an American term lol. (thinking it may be a flatbed?) If you explain what it is i'll be able to give a better answer.

4. Brad T

Brad T Farmall Cub

Ok, found what a travelall is, and to answer your question, No they were never sold here. In fact i have never seen them before! :laugh:
    From what i've seen, only medium and heavy duty trucks were sold here. I think a very small number of scouts were imported privately and everything else is foreign to us! I wish they did make it to our shores, but our government seems to decide what we like and dislike so we miss out on quite a few nice american built machines.

5. Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz

Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz Super Mod from Downunder Staff Member Administrator Moderator

The early AA and AB lines were very similar to the us built counterparts, the C line and D lines were similar cabs to the AB but without the folds in the doors, travelalls were not sold here, but i did see in St kilda in melbourne what i could only describe as a travelette or wagon master, it was a grey crew cab c1200 4x4 with a short box on the rear, it was right hand drive, i would say the weak point on the C1100, 1200 and 1300 was the poor quality steering box and like all inters the lack of drainage from the cabin air intake in front of the windscreen.