Welcome!

Discussion in 'The BioDiesel Plant' started by John Donnelly, Jan 13, 2006.

1. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Here is where we will talk about alternative fuels for the Diesel engine. Specifically BioDiesel. Propane, N02, and other additives for power, economy or performance are permitted as well, but we would prefer that the "nuts and bolts" of that stuff be left in Dieseltalk.

Enjoy this new forum, with fuel prices and the environment an ever-growing concern, BioDiesel is one of those things that will continue to grow and develop.

Keep on Dieselin',

John

2. joerenwick

joerenwick Farmall Cub

I have a 80 Scout SD33T and 03 Duramax I run both on BIODIESEL and love it. I also run it in my 72 Ford 3000. Haven't had a single problem yet. been over a year and I laugh evertime I put it in. I feel like I am cheating "The MAN" and it smell good too!

3. joerenwick

joerenwick Farmall Cub

Re: Welcome - 7 years later...

7 years later - I still run trouble free with no modifications to the stock sett up. The reason: i simply developed a blend of biodiesel and biocide and antioxidant and thats all i run. it keeps the fuel healthy in between startups. I just started my biodiesel powered scout after it was sitting for years with a blow head gasket. glowed the plugs twice and it started without problems. With it running again I will however go fill up with fresh fuel as soon as i can and ride!!! all fuel gets old.

However i will be taking the opportunity to redo my fuel delivery system soon. While i had my SD33t torn down to the block when replacing the head gasket. I came up with a few new upgrades to the fuel system to include : Heater, Electric Transfer Pump, relocation of filter to fender to allow for better filtration and the ability to find a filter READILY AVAILABLE thats a screw on, but one of the biggest reasons to relocate, is to not get fuel all over the belts and pulleys when you change the filter. Its just not good for business and a waste of fuel. :4x4: