Welcome!

Discussion in '"International" Harvesters' started by John Donnelly, May 9, 2005.

1. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

At the request of "Bill USN-1", a long time contributor and friend of the web site, I submit this forum to you for your approval.

Here is a forum for folks from abroad to be a part of, share thier IHC stories, collections, and inquire about IH activities outside the U.S.A.

Enjoy this forum, and don't forget that there are other places here at the web site to make new friends, find that missing part, and share your experiences with.

Welcome!

John Donnelly
    Site Moderator
    The web site

2. Bill USN-1

Bill USN-1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks John, Bill T,

My request was two fold.
    First, since I moved over here to Sicily for the next 3 years, I thought it would be nice to travel Europe with my Scout (when I can afford the gas) and visit others with the same interest. Since we already have a common language, IH scout, communicating shouldn't be a big problem.
    So how do you meet people from all over Europe who own IH's?

Well you need a place for them to talk!!!
    Then the word needs to get out and spread just like here.
    I have not been on many board that deal with IH, that don't at some time mention or link the BB!!!

Second, I thought it would be nice for the IH community to diversify and broaden their personal experiences.
    How nice would it be to plan a vacation with the family to (insert a European country) and be able to meet a family in that country to maybe show you around or even take you wheeling!!!

My hope is this forum will be a free exchange of conversation and experiences in the "World" of IH.

So please post up any topic or event involving the IH community through out the World!!

Thanks,
    Bill

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  3. Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz

Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz Super Mod from Downunder Staff Member Administrator Moderator

This forum could be a good tool if used properly by our non english speaking brothers, even us aussies can get in on the act!

Bill i rekon if you had of converted your scout to propane before you left the usa you would be driving many more miles around europe in the scout now!

To our bi-lingual brothers i put it to you that questions posted in this forum in languages other than english for obvious reasons - be willing to help our friends by answering them first with a translation of what they are asking or talking about so us english only folk can understand what is being posted, then if you can help do so - in both languages.

I for one would really like to understand what the non english speaking folk have got to say.

4. Bill USN-1

I find it fascinating that a brand I thought of as "American" is really so INTERNATIONAL!

I have heard of a few here and there around the world but to see a 100th anniversary in another country!

Amazing.

And I was thinking an IH with a 6.5 TD and a 4LE80!
    Of course I may just find a Toureg in the JY over here!!!!
    Can you say V10 diesel!

I also think about the wheeling I missed out on when I got to visit the great land down under, if i had known Paul and some of the others there.
    I was there in 99 an 01. got to do Fremantle and Sydney.
    I rented me a 4wd when i got off the ship and bought me a book called 1 day off road trips in Australia.

Loved it.
    They even have a grand canyon with trees in the Blue mountains.

Some day I will get back!!

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  5. Carl Wiese

Carl Wiese Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Congrats and good luck guys!! Glad to see the forum got up and running, lets hope it gets used to it's fullest extent!!

6. ERIC KNUTSEN

ERIC KNUTSEN Binder Driver

I was hoping this would happen.
    I like talking to people around the world about scouts and cuz scout owner have an unusual bond. There a so few in Oz that I talk too and am talked to when ever I see a scout around, people are always friendly.
    There are clubs here for scouts but the intent side has not taken off, unfortunately.
    With a bit of notice I would may help scouters for across the seas with accommodation should there paths lead them to S.E Queensland.

Eric

7. alfscout

alfscout Farmall Cub

Hi everybody
    It would be easier if we could have just one thread, wouldn't it? Whatever, on August 27 the old IHC plant in Norrköping, Sweden, will be open to the public in connection with the centenniary. A couple of the employees will be guiding us on the premises and there will also be a small exhibition of IHC products outside the gates (including Scouts - at least our will be there). Everybody is welcome!
    Furthermore, the Swedish IH Club has put together a 60-pages book telling the story of IHC in Sweden from 1905 till 1968 when the plant was closed. We sell the book for $25.- incl. postage and a summary in English. Get your copy now, because only 200 copies were printed and half of the edition is sold. Contact me if you're interested.
    Alf
    Secretary Swedish IH Club

8. Bill USN-1

We can use one till it gets bigger.
    What I would like is to be able to list events and other points of interest along with getting people on both sides of the ocean to chat.

My problem was the first thread disapeared from my site till you posted on it. :D
    I thought the board was set up to auto archive at 30 days.

Welcome and tell your friends.
    I would like to gather information this year and plan a trip thru europe next year to meet as many as I can.