Welcome to Prospective new ODBA Members

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Binders Association' started by WesV, Nov 24, 2003.

1. WesV

WesV Y-Block King

Welcome to the Old Dominion Binders Association discussion forum. We are a group of fun loving people who share a common interest in old International Trucks.

As a club we are not organized into ranks, but tend to make communal choices on most club related items. This means no offices, no dues and much fun.

Activities that we participate in regularly include off-roading/camping at several different places around the state of VA, convoying to different shows, and having general get-togethers to either wrench on our vehicles or to just sit and shoot the bull. Even if you don't live in VA, come and join us for we have several out of VA members including many from MD, WV, NC and elsewhere. Any age from too young to drive all the way to too young at heart to still drive (iffin you get my drift ;) )

Come on and join in the conversation, activities and other ODBA related things. One more thing we ask is that you send us some information for the club roster. You can PM or Email me with it. Please include the following:

• Full Name
    • Mailing Address (for postcard notices about activities if you desire)
    • Phone Number
    • Your e-mail address
    • IH vehicles owned

Thanks and once again welcome.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  2. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

3. Caryb

Caryb Farmall Cub

John, I am interested in catching up with you guys at some point. I live in Richmond, Va, and have a 77 Scout II that I have been working on for quite some time now to try and make the beast trail ready. I would be interested in participating in your club...

Cary Bowmer
    1206 Libbie Ave.
    Richmond, VA 23226
    White 77 Scout II

4. Drew48200

Drew48200 Farmall Cub

I live in Norfolk and just bought a scout up here that is no where near trail ready but I have high hopes. Just wondering if you could send me some info about ODBA at Drew48200@yahoo.com. Thank you.

5. Skslave

Skslave Farmall Cub

None of my trucks are anywhere near trail ready :mad: but this year I'm doing a SOA and a SR on the 76 and hopefully getting the 345 running. Even though my trucks are not trail ready I would still love to come to any gatherings.

Michael Fuller
    9609 Garden Street
    703 674 8553
    Sid0Slipknot0@gmail.com
    1976 Scout II 304
    1976 Scout II (rolling chassis and 345 2 barrel)
    1977 Scout II (345 4barrel engine pulled)

6. Homeboy

Homeboy Farmall Cub

Hello all! My truck doesn't run yet and would not love the trail even if it did but I would like to get some info on the ODBA. I have a 1974 scout that I have been working on for some time. Drop me some info at idyson1@verizon.net

Blake

7. blindeman

blindeman Farmall Cub

Wes and the Rest,

I just bought a '51 L-110 IH pick-up and am interested to find out if there are any others out there who own one of these old trucks? Mine's actually in Wisconsin in the early process of being restored (I live in Richmond). Can't wait till she's done. Also, any ideas on where to find old parts reliably...?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce Lindeman

8. WesV

WesV Y-Block King

Bruce! A day late and a dollar short.... Our '50 L120 is rolling out of here on the scrapyard truck as I type this :( :( I had been trying to part it out for over a year and got no takers so it went to scrap this morning. Welcome to ODBA anyway!

9. Larry Wine

Larry Wine Farmall Cub

I just registered on the bulletin. and would love to share info. I have been away from IHS for 20 years but just got the fever back and am working on restoring a 67 1100 2wd for show and another for a driver. I will talk with you guys soon. Providing my wife doesnt kill me if I buy another ugly IH.

10. Socrates

Socrates Farmall Cub

Howdy!

I'm a IH owner in Richmond VA, having recently picked up a 73 Scout II after look for a nice rust-free one with potential to build upon for...well...years! It's Omaha orange with a black soft top and (currently) fairly mild looking with white wagon wheels. If you see me roll'n around stop me! I'm always willing to BS! I'd also for sure be game to do a little wheel'n/camping (any rock climbers here?), too.

I've been wrenching and racing Pontiac and Olds muscle cars (GTO's, Lemans', T/A's, 442's, etc.) for many years, and have had a few J**ps (Just sold a darn nice TJ on 35's), yet a relative newb to Scouts...but I'm absolutely lov'n this beast! Even though it rides like is has square wheels, sewer pipe for shocks and railroad tracks for springs, its charms still have me thoroughly seduced :)

Anyways, just wanted to say hey! :beer:

11. WesV

WesV Y-Block King

Welcome!
    Go ahead and start a new thread with an intro, more people will notice it. Also please post some pics if you have any. If you don't know how to post em, email them to me and I will for you.

12. tpartin

tpartin Farmall Cub

Thanks for accepting me to the ODBA and SEBA. I have 2 Scouts a 1968 196 4cyl. and a 1969 v8.I live in Claiborne county Tn. I probably cant help with tecnical area right now being new to Scouts but give me time and I will. I hope to not only to learn from yall but to help in any way I can. Again thanks for having me

13. grendel_cave

grendel_cave Farmall Cub

I live in Blacksburg, VA and own three scouts:
    Brawn: a '79 powerhouse, trail ready, sprung over, and built like a tank
    Jack: a '70 SR2 who is undergoing a frame off restoration
    Hayseed: a '63 scout 80 who is decent shape but a future project. (I call him Hayseed because he came stock the factory with 4.88 gears. ...what are you going to do with that besides pull a stump out the ground?)
    Anyway, where do you guys meet? ~Aaron

14. Karl Bader

Karl Bader Farmall Cub

Hey! The link to Old Domminion site is not working...

Karl

15. atlantascoutfan

atlantascoutfan Binder Driver

Uh yeah, that would be my bad. Once upon a time I had set up a functional site with lots of pics, but my web skills were tired and out of date enough that when it broke down I could not fix it. Not putting it right has been a product of my lack of time, lack of ability and a stubborn, prideful unwillingness to turn it over to someone else. (I'll probably relent on the latter sometime in the coming weeks though, so don't give up on the site yet.)

Nice to see another Maryland IH fan join the ranks. My two Scouts and I live close by in lovely Beltsville, Maryland if you want to hang out and turn wrenches (or tip a cold one) some day in the future. Welcome to ODBA! :)

16. chipduff

chipduff Farmall Cub

Just Dropping in to say That I'm interested in the group.

I have a 79 Scout II, live just outside of Lynchburg, Va. email me aT realty srce@yahoo.com. [​IMG][/IMG]

17. chipduff

chipduff Farmall Cub

18. Brian Schermann

Brian Schermann Binder Driver

Welcome Chipduff

It looks like you have a good platform to start from. What are you plans resto, trail machine. daily driver?

Brian

19. atlantascoutfan

atlantascoutfan Binder Driver

Welcome, Chipduff! :beer:

I look forward to reading more about you and your Scout. Nice Rallye rims you got there. Did you make those beefy bumpers? :)

20. Karl Bader

Karl Bader Farmall Cub

Hey!
    I guess it's rude of me that all my post said was the website was down!

Anyway. I'm located up in Gwynn Oak, MD (near Baltimore) and would love to get together with anyone who enjoys scouts, whether it's for a beer, a grill, or wrenching!

Here's a photo of my 1972 Scout II

[​IMG]

[​IMG]