Weighed my loadstar today and gear oil done!

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Roakwolf, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Roakwolf

Roakwolf Farmall Cub

6180lbs if ya dont wanna watch the video. Just talking about my truck and the process I used when changing transmission oil and oil I ended up choosing.

Darrel likes this.
  2. overdrivesteve

overdrivesteve Farmall Cub

Nice truck . . . it would be nice to see the engine / engine components on it too.
    I do appreciate you sharing the truck's weight. Now I can figure an estimate on what my truck's registration will cost me once I get it running. The registration is based on weight and I suspect it will be close to $500 a year - California's DMV registration costs s... My '97 F350 pickup is $345 a year.

3. Roakwolf

Roakwolf Farmall Cub

I registered mine for 20k lbs GVWR here in Montana and it runs me $75 a year. I could permanent plate it for about $200. Will try to get some vids up hopefully soon.

4. TBAKPhi22

TBAKPhi22 Binder Driver

cant believe thats all it weighs. (only a cab and chassis though) My '73 1310 weighs 9000lbs with the bed, boxes and tools in it (and its only 10k gross, lol) Darn thing costs $333 a year for the registration at 10k in commiefornia...

5. overdrivesteve

overdrivesteve Farmall Cub

What do you mean by "permanent plate it"? Does that mean for $200 you never need to pay registration fees again? If so, what happens if you move to another city or state? Is the registration still good? Is it transferable? ... just wondering

6. Roakwolf

Roakwolf Farmall Cub

Yes, you don't pay registration ever again. You can do it on pretty much any vehicle over 12 years old including motorcycles and trailers. I believe you can move around within the state just update your address, but it's Montana nobody really cares lol. Sorry for the late response iv been working on the loadstar alot and I just took out the heater core on it was packed with mouse nest :chris: will do a quick write up on that later on about the removal process

overdrivesteve likes this.
  7. Roakwolf

Roakwolf Farmall Cub

I should mention if your looking for insurance also Farmers insurance was the only one I found that would do a non commercial policy on my truck because it was over 2 tons. runs me $35 a month