Vin location 68 Scout

Discussion in '"International" Harvesters' started by jderp, Jun 1, 2010.

1. jderp

jderp Farmall Cub

Hello. I've recently purchased a 68'Scout already restored. However; I cannot locate the Vin # ..anyone help out? Thanks

2. TR Watts

TR Watts Farmall Cub

I think it is stamped on the frame in front of the drivers side tire some where!!
    Ive never looked on mine but have herd it is there from a few other folks on here. you should repost in the general IH tech thread. That is were you will get most of your answers.

later,
    TR

3. niroe

niroe Farmall Cub

There should beb a VIN tag under the hood on the firewall near the brake booster. Also stamped in the frame on the drivers side frame rail near the body mount. You will have to do some cleaning with a wire wheel to find that one.

4. Will Marsh

Will Marsh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

What niroe said.

The frame stamping is on the outside of the drivers side framerail, starting about where the front valance is. It is a partial one that is in the form of GXXXXXX, just the G and last 6 digits of the VIN. The digits are about 1" tall and very fine lines so don't get overaggressive with the wire wheel or you'll take them right off. Oven Cleaner for the heavy grease and a little scotchbrite and degreaser/brake cleaner is better.

Good Luck.

Will Marsh