Value of 1949 Farmall H Tractor?

Discussion in 'Tractor Tech' started by Dazed&Confused, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Dazed&Confused

Dazed&Confused Farmall Cub

Hi, my Dad has an old H tractor he is thinking about selling. Pics and some info. here (http://1949farmallhtractor.shutterfly.com/). We have no idea what it is worth, and I was just wondering what you guys thought. Thanks.

2. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

i'd say you'd be lucky to get $3-500 for it? unless you find someone that wants to restore it. get on a few tractor sites an see what they're going for..jeff

3. scoutnsc

scoutnsc Farmall Cub

Stuck and non-running tractors will bring anywhere from $500 and up, but that is here in SC. I sreiously doubt that it will bring any more than $ 750 unless someone really wants that particular tractor. Farmall H is pretty common round here. Better off to keep yourself beacuse scrap is going up again.

4. Blaine Man

Blaine Man Farmall Cub

If it has 3 point then you can throw $300 extra on it if not it is uesless. I love my 3 point H except the live hydraulics. The H fills in alot of ninches the bigger tractors do not.

5. 660driver

660driver Farmall Cub

Tin seems straight and it seems to be pretty complete so I would say 3 to 500 in my area. If those back tires hold air and are serviceable and the motor is loose maybe a little more. There were a lot of H's made so rarity is non existant unless it is a very early H which this one does'nt appear to be. My .02!

:beer:

6. IH_Ed

IH_Ed Farmall Cub

I'll add to the $3 to $500 crowd. H's aren't rare, most every other farm here has or had one sitting in the fence row. Heck, I have four sitting in the bottom behind the house!