V8 800 curb and axle weight.

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by walkersscout, Dec 7, 2017.

1. walkersscout

walkersscout Binder Driver

Has anyone weighed out a stock v8 800? Front and rear axle weights? I am getting ready for springs and am going to have custom springs made, but am just educating myself right now. I will likely stop by the scales on my way to the spring shop.
    Also, since I am having custom springs made, I would like to have a larger, common bushing used. Something like a chevy pickup. This is primarily to absorb some of the road vibration. Hopefully they will last longer than the stock 800 bushings too. I am considering bumping up to 2" springs in the front to make this possible. I was already going to move the front spring perches to accommodate the SII front axle, so changing size is no problem.

Thanks,

2. gillis51

gillis51 Farmall Cub

Hope someone chimes in or when you get the results post them. I’m in need of these as well but my scout does not run or drive yet.

3. BinderBookie

BinderBookie High Wheeler

Here is a '68 V8 showing both Cabtop and Traveltop front and rear weights. These are for the bare bone variant without lots of accessories, so factor that in. Getting actual weights on scales with the Scout fully configured and outfitted (ready to fight) is vital to getting the most accurate read on spring rates.

'68 Dimensions & Weights.jpg

4. Nicxt44191

Nicxt44191 Farmall Cub

That's interesting that the rendering would appear to have sliding windows vs roll ups, even though they were not standard.

5. BinderBookie

BinderBookie High Wheeler

Why pay an artist to make a new rendering when the old one can be reused? Typical IH!