Turbo Diesel exhaust upgrade available...

Discussion in 'Scoutco' started by Mike Moore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

I'm not sure about the firewall clearance to the engine. Mine doesn't have a tranny crossmember in it, yet. I think it will clear, though.

The prices listed include shipping, but email me about this. I may have a deal for you if you are running an automatic. Kinda messed one of the pipes up, then had it coated, and it turned out to not clear the clutch linkage:whistling:. If you aren't running a clutch, it would fit yours great, though.:)

2. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

email sent. thanks

3. Mike Moore

Here's a good pic showing the finish of the ceramic coating:
    [​IMG]

This stuff is awesome looking!

4. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

hey mike.. I totally want that exhaust pipe we emailed about but am in upstate NY right now going to the funeral of my misses father.. Second friend/family member in three weeks to lay to rest.
    When I get back I will hit you back and make plans to order it , just didn't want to seem flakey..
    thanks
    oliver

5. Mike Moore

Sorry to hear about that, my friend.
    I've got it labeled with your name on it. No worries. My wife's in Michigan as I type this with her grandmother gravely ill, too.
    Do what you have to...the downpipe isn't going anywhere. Take care of what needs taken care of first.

6. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

How do I pay ya? check, debit?
    Thanks for holding the bad boy for me..I will take pics and send them/post them to show what it looks like in.
    thanks
    Oliver

7. Mike Moore

I'll PM you.

8. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

Thanks, look forward to having the downpipe. I just sent the loot.. I will post pics when we put it on.. thanks again for being patient.
    Oliver

9. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

Hey, can you send me a tracking#? We are desperate to get the part so we can fire the engine up (never heard it run and am a lil nervous) . I sent a pm but never heard back from ya. thanks alot!
    oliver

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  10. Mike Moore

Hmmmmm:detective:...it mailed out Monday the 24th of March.:confused: We sent this one USPS Parcel Post, which is 8-10 days, most likley 10 to Portland (that's 'bout as far away as you can get). Today is day 9, so you should get it this week for sure...but if not, we insured it in case of loss. Hopefully we don't need to worry about that though. Give the Postal Service another day or two and let me know what happens.

Sorry about missing the boat on the PM. My User Control Panel is set as my home page here at work, and sometimes someone else opens the Internet and then changes away from the home page after it loads. Then next time I get on it doesn't flag me that I have a PM, and I haven't trained myself to look up in the corner for them. I just didn't see it.:oops:

11. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

just got here.. thanks I will have some pics soon of it on..

12. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

So we finally got it on.. Only problem is that it went way too low.. became cumbersome and had to cut way way back. We went with 2.5" pipe the rest of the way .. I will have pics this saturday nite as that when I will head back out to my buddies garage where the old gurl is sitting..Thanks mike, it was a gamble on my end. Its a hard one to judge, the factory didn't build any turbo's with a auto tranny..
    Ahhh... gotta love the dummies like me who have to put 1980 motors in to 1976 trucks...
    peace
    oliver
    :wrench::wrench:

13. Mike Moore

Low?...As in the outlet pointed down, or the outlet was level to the ground but just hung too low?
    This one was one I knew wouldn't work with the 4 speed...but that's because it's too high at the last bend, and hit the clutch linkage, thus me not selling it as a regular piece to a 4 speed owner. I sure didn't think it would be too low. The ones I'm making now on the jig are level with the bottom of the frame, but this one was built "pre-jig".

Did you get some pics before and after you cut it? We'll work something out on it if it was that bad! Call me or email me about it, please.

14. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

I am not worried about it and will have pics on saturday.. it was too dark last weekend.. after all it was a "factory second.."

15. Mike Moore

I'm worried about it. The Ceramikrome ain't worth much if you had to cut and weld on it. Get the pics up and we'll see what we're dealing with.

Thanks, Oli!

16. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

Okay, just got back from the garage.. Kinda hard to take a pic of the bottom (it was dark in the garage) as there seems to be a draw somewhere and we couldn't fire up the scout. Here's a pic of what we had to cut off. It ran into the frame and there was noway around it. Pretty disappointing, but it is what it is I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
  17. Mike Moore

So is that the outlet end of it, then? If it is (and it looks like it is), I'm confused. If it was too low, how'd it hit the frame? Was it too long and hit your crossmember?

18. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

Hey sir, I didn't cut it for ****s and giggles and I am not asking for any money back. It didn't fit under the rig and if you were asking, I wouldn't use what you sold me as a prototype.
    I don't want any hard feelings with a vendor here.. It just didn't work out. Thanks and I understand that I bought a part that was a gamble.
    Cheers
    Oliver

19. Mike Moore

Whoa!
    I'm not at all saying you did. I certainly wouldn't think you'd cut it if you didn't need to. I'm simply trying to figure out what went wrong, and remedy the situation. You've got to realize that I am a vendor, and I don't want any hard feelings with a customer, either. It looks like you're getting upset with me trying to make things right.

I'm simply trying to figure out why this pipe fit well on my Scout with the automatic, and was 1/2"-3/4" high on my Scout with a factory 4 speed, but is low on your Scout. Don't get upset about it, I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong, and make you happy in the process. Now, if I can continue trying to figure out what went wrong...

Here is a picture of your pipe on the bottom, with two of the jigged pieces on top.
    [​IMG]
    I've sold at least 10 of the jigged ones and all the feedback I've gotten said that they fit great. If you compare yours to the others, yours is actually shorter measured from the turbo flange to the outlet of the downpipe, causing the pipe (just below that bottom weld) to hit the clutch linkage on my 4 speed Scout (where the linkage runs from the frame to the transmission bellhousing). On my automatic Scout it cleared the frame, firewall, starter, and even the TF727 transmission pan with enough clearance to make me comfortable.

Again, I'm not trying to upset you. I'm trying to help you out, and help to keep something like this from happening to a customer and myself again in the future. Out of 6 before the jig, and 10+ jigged ones, this is the first complaint I've had, and it bugs me.

20. Jeff Melber

Jeff Melber Binder Driver

Geez Oli,

You were all sunshine and happy days when you were getting something YOU could use. Now you got a chance to work with a vendor to make a part for our Scouts let alone a bolt in part for an Auto Turbo Diesel, but you cut Mike short on helping out the community because you don't want any problems with a vendor.

I don't think Mike EVER came across as anything other than helpful, responsive, and most of all courteous. He clearly explained he was confused.

As a guy that makes stuff for stuff it ain't always easy getting your hands on every set-up available. Jigs are a good substitute but nothing replaces the real McCoy.

I'm disappointed to see this thread come to an abrupt end.

Jeff