tRusti the 800 Comanche gets her build on

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by Comanche Scott, Aug 18, 2012.

1. scout2000

scout2000 Dreams of Cub Cadets

Hello Scott,

I don't want to impose here on your thread than I already am. I'm just going to post a before and after link. Hope this is OK, tell me if it isn't and I will delete it. Otherwise, happy to have a tow vehicle. :)

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/...800a-build-thread.119223/page-25#post-1022486

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/...800a-build-thread.119223/page-25#post-1022490

jmait769 and Comanche Scott like this.
  2. Comanche Scott

Comanche Scott High Wheeler

Awesome Jerry. Absolutely awesome! :beer:
    There is a lady nearby who has the same vintage. When her husband died (it was "his" truck), she had it re-done, and drives it all over the place.
    She says every time she stops somewhere, people are always asking if they can buy it. lol
    Never an imposition to see cool stuff in this thread. Especially since I'm not putting any cool stuff in it... lol

jmait769 and scout2000 like this.
  3. FSM09

FSM09 Binder Driver

Those seats look very comfortable. I’m late to the party as usual. Did you get them out of a junk yard vehicle?

4. Comanche Scott

They came from a '90 Ford Mustang GT, and were recovered with the TMI upholstery kits, which duplicate the OEM covers.

Jerry Brown did a beautiful Aristocrat, where he installed a set of later model Mustang bucket seats, and a repro K5 Blazer console. I like his setup even better.
    Here are two pictures that Chris Lindner posted up for me in another thread. :)

This is just Oh-So-Sexy! :tt1:

Attached Files:

jmait769 likes this.
  5. FSM09

FSM09 Binder Driver

Those seats are beautiful. I’m going to have to Find Jerry’s build thread again. At my location it seems to be hard to find decent seats without insane shipping costs.

6. Comanche Scott

Jerry did such an awesome job. I never could find his build thread. Just saw pictures of his Scout.
    That console he used can be bought through places that sell K5 Blazer parts. I don't remember it being too expensive either.

Seems like seats get picked over really fast.
    The seats I used were in terrible shape. I had to weld up a few cracks in the mounting rails, fix the foam in places and recover them.
    I did the welding, and used an upholstery shop to fix the foam and put the covers on.
    They were out of a car that my buddy and I parted out.

Might be able to find a set like that local, and then recover them yourself.
    Katzkin makes kits for all kinds of seats. TMI focuses on VW and Mustang (although they may do more now).
    The cool part about doing your own covers is you can get them embroidered. :)

7. Comanche Scott

Well,
    This Scout has gone on to a better home today.
    Jeff Ismail from IH Parts America is picking up all the Scout stuff here, and will add it to his collection of Scout stuff there.
    It was a fun project, in a great community of people. :beer:

8. ziggybock

ziggybock Farmall Cub

Good luck Scott!! Sounds like the collection is going to a great home, glad that worked out. I still think this is an elaborate plot that you don't have to pay me my 6-pack of Sierra Nevada on our bet...
    Keep in touch amigo, you are always welcome on the BP.

-Z

Comanche Scott likes this.
  9. scout2000

scout2000 Dreams of Cub Cadets

Hello Scott,

I've been staring at this post from you all weekend, trying to figure out an appropriate response, but I'm not sure that I can with the data provided. You have been a welcome and helpful influence here on BP at least as long as I have been here, and I sincerely hope that this is a positive move forward for you, and that you will not be leaving us.

On one hand, I'm hoping that your Scout finding a new home means that you will be starting a new Binder project that you can share with us, and we all will enjoy.

On the other hand, I realize that you may be leaving us, for reasons that are of no one's business other than your own.

Either way, wishing you and yours my best, and hopefully you will continue on here.

10. Comanche Scott

Thanks amigo!
    Next time I come to Texas, I'll make sure to have a cold six pack on ice in the luggage. :)
    :beer:

Thanks Jerry,
    Great group of people here, and I'll drop in as I can to see what everyone is up to. :)

11. jmait769

jmait769 High Wheeler

I too was shocked! :no: :cornfused:Jerry side it best: "You have been a welcome and helpful influence here on BP at least as long as I have been here"!! I second that and wish you the best of luck my friend! I know the Scouts went to a good home and all but I also know we will see you often here on BP even without a Scout. Once its in your blood............

12. Comanche Scott

Thanks Jay,

I'm looking forward to living vicariously through your Scout exploits. :beer: