Truck a Love Story

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Hutch, May 8, 2007.

1. Hutch

Hutch Farmall Cub

My wife just heard about this book on NPR and I thought I would share it with y'all. Might not be tech, but IH for sure.

I'm sure my wife keyed in on the love story side. but I was happy she caught the IH piece and thought of me :clap:

I'm going to check it out if I can find it and I'll let you know how it is.

It's called "Truck a Love Story" by Michael Perry
    here is the review for the NPR website:
    In Truck: A Love Story, Michael Perry -- writer, confirmed bachelor, volunteer
    firefighter and EMT in his small Wisconsin town -- writes about his momentous 40th year.
    It's a time when he restores his 1951 International Harvester pickup truck to working
    order and falls in love, for real. It's hard for me to think of anyone who wouldn't enjoy
    this heartfelt and humorous tale, filled as it is with accounts of gardening (Perry's
    description of reading seed catalogs almost made me get up from the chair where I was
    reading and rush out to the hardware store to by a hoe), book tours, deer hunting,
    recipes, country music, Roland Barthes and wedding planning. Perry's narrative voice --
    smooth and low-key -- invites readers along for what turns out to be a most pleasurable
    ride.

here is the link to the NPR website where have an excerpt from the book:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9255049

2. Rex A. Reed

Rex A. Reed Farmall Cub

It is a good read. You may have to order it from a bookstore or go to the author's site www.sneezingcow.com