Time for 67 800 build thread

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by FSM09, Sep 24, 2012.

1. FSM09

FSM09 Binder Driver

Not a large update. My son who is now 8 has decided he wants to help with the scout. Unfortunately running lines is a little boring for him. I didn't get a photo but we built jumper wires to test each fuel sending unit with the gauge before installing them.

I have been organizing the fasteners I bought from fastenal. I will be needing to sell a lot. The sad part is I had items saved and once I picked them up I had none of the items I picked out.

I found Christmas tree zip ties to replace the old OEM ones for electrical.

I plan on running stock 1/4" fuel line up to the selector valve. From there I will run 5/16 line. I wanted to run 5/16" the entire way but couldn't get the correct pieces locally. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. FSM09

FSM09 Binder Driver

[​IMG]

I installed this Dei floor and tunnel shield on the passenger side where my muffler is. This stuff is suppose to be easy to cut but the aluminum did not want too. I began doubting putting dunk mat on the firewall after talking to a couple people. So I called the company direct. They said it is good to 300 degrees plus and people use it for this. I plan on putting some dei reflect a shield over the part next to the exhaust.

I am getting my radiator repaired from the local radiator shop. He will repair the peacock, resolder the lower cap, repair, correct re round the hose holes. All this for $99. I will take a couple photos when it is done.

3. FSM09

FSM09 Binder Driver

Got my radiator back from the radiator shop. $99.75 to clean, repair leaks, paint, rerouted hose openings, and he installed a new drain cock.

New 1ga battery cable kit from summit racing. I ordered dynadeck in the photos also. I was very curious about it. It's extremely heavy and has a similar texture to a spray in bed liner. It's pretty cool and you cut to fit. I think it will work out pretty good. It also reduced noise and vibration.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Comanche Scott

Comanche Scott High Wheeler

Cool. Will look forward to how this all works out. :beer:

5. FSM09

FSM09 Binder Driver

I'm hoping to get there soon. I realized if I had a few full days to work on it then it would be ready to drive. My son doesn't want me to do it without him. Only issue is it's down to the more boring stuff so it's hard to keep him interested.

6. FSM09

FSM09 Binder Driver

I did get the gauges all installed. My son is helping wire them right now. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I did take apart the distributor also. It was pretty gummy but it cleaned up pretty good. I did order a pertronix after a lot of debate. Should be here soon.

7. Comanche Scott

Comanche Scott High Wheeler

Gauges look great! :beer:
    Finding a realistic speedometer is not easy.
    Looks like your boy is really concentrating to get it right. Pretty awesome!

8. FSM09

FSM09 Binder Driver

We wired and rewired the cluster a couple times. It didn't seem to matter how I did it it's still a mess. 95% done. I used the American autowire cluster connector set. I will have two separate grounds to the cluster. All wires will use up the connector[​IMG]

The cluster connector kit was from summit racing and under $20. I used 1 10 pin connector. It also had two 5 pin connectors. I tried to keep the wire colors very close to the same. So I used left over wire I cut off the universal wiring harness.

[​IMG]