There's Binders all over the Wheat State.

Discussion in 'Heartland International' started by Meat Man, May 15, 2006.

1. pscrambler

pscrambler Binder Driver

Well, I've already made this list 3 times in a couple roundabout ways. :D but I'll officially post it. Zack Grimes, Osawatomie.
    '76 Scout II with Fiberglass Body
    '75 Scout II Right hand drive mail truck
    '79 Scout II Rallye
    '78 Scout II Rallye
    '75 Scout II Rallye
    '51 L-Series

Always Lookin For more!!!:stupid:

2. BinderMoose

BinderMoose Farmall Cub

Hey all,

I just got my first Binder this December. It's a 1977 Scout Traveler. Its a great driver. Mostly original. Has a bit of rust in the usual places. But with some TLC and a lot of tune up and maintenance it will be a great driver.

Josh - Topeka
    :scout:

3. Rustybinder

Rustybinder Farmall Cub

Over the last decade I have owned a Scout 80, Scout 800, 2 Scout IIs. I currently have a '79 Scout II, that's getting fresh brakes lines and hoses.

My brother is in Topeka as well and has a '71 800B.

I might be interested in a used tub if anyone has one for sale?

4. als80

als80 Farmall Cub

Hi Kansas binders Iam Alan Stites live in Huitchinson I have a 1962 80. It has been in are barn 4 the past 25 or so years. Its all there with littel rust 42,000 mi in wheat fields. I realy need too find break parts ie return springs and retainer clips 4 Dana 27 with 9'' drums realy hard too find if anyone has spairs call me 620 728 4569 THANKS.

5. Mason

Mason Farmall Cub

Hello fellow Kansas binders. I have a 1974 Scout II, I6 258 in Gardner, KS. Purchased it in 2001 and have been restoring little by little ever since. I hope to have the motor running by the end of the summer :sweatdrop:.

[​IMG]

6. ksbillsfan

ksbillsfan Farmall Cub

I just bought my first Scout. 1978 Traveler. 345, 4x4 with Rallye package. Orange with the white stripes. 53K original miles. No rust, been garaged it's whole life.

Has a few issues, but nothing major, or I hope not. Cruise control does not work. Radio needs replaced. It tunes stations, but the frequency marker doesn't move. Also guessing a few loose wires, as static comes and goes. Factory A/C does not work. No power to the compressor. Transmission is leaking fluid. Had one place tell me the front end needed work, but another place says it just fine. Would like to get the stripes replaced as they are cracking. The top has never been removed, but the previous owner used a compound to on parts to keep it sealed. Looks tacky mostly. The gas gage doesn't work. Been told the whole gas tank must be removed to fix this issue.

Does anyone know a good shop in the Wichita area that knows how to work on Scouts? Would love to find someone who has experience and knows what they are doing and how to get parts. Most places I've talked with always bring up the lack of parts as a reason for their high estimates on repairs.

7. auto doug

auto doug Farmall Cub

I have a 63 Scout 2 wheel drive up here in Nebraska? My shop run around truck, don't really need it any more and don't have time to restore it? so it is for sale $1450.00 any takers? Oh it dose have a nice right fender and grill panel in it now, we were working on the brakes and a rain cloud dump on us. Doug in Lincoln 402 474 2344

Attached Files:

8. jdbfreeheel

jdbfreeheel Farmall Cub

2011 Sunflower IH Modified 80/800 winner? 1965 RCS. Looking for info

All,
    This may not be the best forum category but I'm looking for lineage info about the following Scout Red Carpet edition:

It was the 2011 Sunflower Regional IH Show winner in the 80/800 Modified class and has a Ford 302 swap with overdrive.

It might have lived near Garden City, KS for some time as there is a GSHS student honor roll sticker on the rear window.

Wondering what folks know about the lineage and owner history. Would also love to learn more about the 302 swap.

Thanks.

Josh

9. mrdeadman1

mrdeadman1 Farmall Cub

Im Sam Lawrence, I live in Eudora, Ks and I just got my first Scout 80 for my birthday, it's a 1961 and in trying to get her back on the road. After sitting in a field for 10 years im having a rough time

10. Cal in Carl Jct

Cal in Carl Jct Farmall Cub

This is an update:
    My first post was #48
    My house is less than one mile from Kansas.....and I was borne in KS, is that close enough to count?
    I'm from the Joplin, MO area...Carl Junction. My first was a 1978 Ralley Scout II driven off the show room floor from the IH dealer in Tulsa, OK in 1978. Wish I still had her!
    I currently have the following:

'79 Terra, formerly a Traveler
    '78 Scout II now under resto
    '78 Traveler 4-parts or resto

We are getting ready to sell the house and move to TN. The traveler must go. If a don't sell it I will pull the drive train and haul the rest to salvage. Any takers? $500

Attached Files:

11. ZillyGoat

ZillyGoat Farmall Cub

Just bought my wife a 78 with I believe a 345. Ive been watching it for a couple years and it has just sat. I asked the property owner and he said it was a friend and wanted 500. he thought. I stopped another day and the owner was there and said hed take the 500. I gave him a 110.. all I had on me and am going back tomorrow to get bill of sale. I peeked under it and looked at the pan it looked like what I believe are rear sump and that indicates a 345 correct unless it has been converted.. a 304 with 345 pan? My question ... Could someone post up a pic of the 345 oil pan and the 304?

Thanks

12. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

they're the same pan !

13. 1968scout800

1968scout800 Farmall Cub

1968 Scout 800 in the works, Wetmore, KS about 45 min north of topeka.

14. keepmrollin2

keepmrollin2 Farmall Cub

75' 200 4x4 4 speed. I thought it had a 345, but I'm starting to see info that's only showing them as having come as a 2 barel carb. This one is a factory 4 barel. Nice truck only 43k actual miles, runs great. Will post photos soon. Seems to be a rare truck, I can't find many. Its made me wander what it may be worth