There's Binders all over the Wheat State.

Discussion in 'Heartland International' started by Meat Man, May 15, 2006.

1. shaggy3418

shaggy3418 Farmall Cub

Hi , my name is Geoff. Living in KCMO. And I can't wait to move back to KS. I've got two ScoutIIs. First one is a 1974 with a 304 and is my daily driver. Or will be again once i get the engine rebuilt. The other is a 72 with a 345 that's been parked for a few years. I'm thinking I might swap engines.

2. Jake Brooks

Jake Brooks Farmall Cub

Hey, I live in Kearney Ne. now, but originally a WHEAT fed farm boy from Clayton. All but one Scout still resides there. Check out my sig to see what I got. Woo hoo, go hawks, go cats. :gunsmilie:

3. GrandPa Jack

GrandPa Jack Farmall Cub

Okay, here goes...
    Jack Le Roy Leavenworth, Ks. Glad to find this site with fellow
    Kansans..Look forward to us all getting together...
    Am I an "Ol Binder Addict"? YOU BETCHA
    Just traded my 95 Eddie Bauer 4x4 straight for a 77 "SCOUT"!!!
    Crazy? Maybe...But I love having a scout again 77 Scout Hershey
    Brown with 4 spd and PS...
    LOVE IT11
    JACK:clown:

4. binderookie

binderookie Farmall Cub

Hello, Matt Denney here from Tonganoxie 12 miles north of Lawrence. I have 3.5 1973 IHCs. First, 2wd 1110 345/727 the second a 4wd 1110 travelall 392/727, the third another 2wd 1110 345/727 truck, and the half is a 2wd 1110 turned into a trailer. Didn't realize so many Scouts running around in Lawrence.

5. Chris M

Chris M Farmall Cub

New to the world of scouts and new to this forum... just found a 64 red carpet. looking forward to going through it and getting active with a club. Think this will be the best hobby I've ever had...

6. papahonk

papahonk Farmall Cub

well was thinking of going to the meeting in salina, but i bought a scout there in town and wanted to get it home before dark. so i now own a 76 scoutII needs tune up and alot of body work.. i prefer 80 and 800s but this will do for now ive missed my old binders... guess i need to rejoin the club never felt right in it with out a binder.. oh im in Manhattan.

[​IMG]

7. Layn B

Layn B Farmall Cub

New to the forum, but not exactly new to IH. Been working on my first scout for the last 4 yrs. Ya long time, aye. But I bought it 3 months before deciding to go back to College (W.U.).....the second time. I have it completely stripped and in the process of going back together. I Hope to have it done for graduation in the spring (09)

8. Cal in Carl Jct

Cal in Carl Jct Farmall Cub

My house is less than one mile from Kansas.....is that close enough to count?
    I'm from the Joplin, MO area...Carl Junction. I have had 10 Scouts total. My first was a 1978 Ralley Scout II driven off the show room floor from the IH dealer in Tulsa, OK in 1978.
    I currently have the following:
    '79 Terra Star partly restored...For sale
    '79 Traveler 1st place street Stock '2000 at the Nats
    '79 Scout II
    '78 Traveler for parts still restorable For Sale
    Is there any one close to Joplin, MO?
    Cal

9. FRP

FRP Farmall Cub

Floyd,Eudora,Ks.,1979 scout II,304 3spd. auto, custom springs sua about 5"s of lift,33" tires,bilstein shocks i just bought mine had it couple of months im hooked

10. e-merlin

e-merlin Farmall Cub

No Binder yet, but I'm lookin'. Garden City reporting in, and I'm new to the board. Got directed here from another board with some major Binder fans.

I grew up in Deerfield and called GC home for a while. I moved to Sioux Falls, SD and lived there for 10 years. Now I'm back home and surrounded by delapidated IHs. I haven't talked to anyone about buying one yet because I have a few other things to finish first. First and foremost, I'm a GM H-Body enthusiast and I have an 80 Pontiac Sunbird I haven't touched in more than 10 years. It's first on the list.

Hoping to get some good tips before I start in on a Binder project, but there are Scouts and pickups everywhere around here.

11. RailRiderHD

RailRiderHD Farmall Cub

Well I don't live in kansas anymore but i just had to post here, i live in texas now and have a 79 scout II with a 345 that i just finished doing all the body work on, got all new brakes, 4 inch lift and new AR wheels, I am originally from kansas and lived there all my life til 3 years ago when i moved to texas for work. Owned two scouts while in kansas and my father in law still has one there. I usually go home to kansas 5-10 times a year. Love the scouts!

12. tbirney

tbirney Farmall Cub

Trevor Birney
    Sedgwick, Kansas
    well for my 16th birthday i got a 1974 scout II 4X4

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  13. Scoutingitout

Scoutingitout Farmall Cub

Still in Idaho ?! Well as it is within state boundaries that must make it mine !! I call dibbs ! :beer: :tt2:

14. dougs1110

dougs1110 Farmall Cub

Hi all, I live in selden nw kansas i have a 72 2wd 1110 stepside short bed
    pickup. inline 6 with a 3 speed. there is a man in colby that has the same truck as i do.:D

15. armyscout

armyscout Farmall Cub

chad walker
    fort riley KS
    79 scout 2 with a soa 33' tires and a ss grill and hood scoop

16. bogiebam

bogiebam Guest

Brian Mitchell
    Hill City, KS - northwest kansas

Recently purchased a 79 scout II. In the process of rebuilding the cargo area to haul dogs and decoys this winter. I have a 4" lift kit aquired to be put in next, with many more plans for the future. It's great having a site with folks that have the same passion about my new hobby.

17. Chris Natchez topeka Ks
    1979 Midas Traveller 4x4 345 tan.

I bought this truck in feb from a friend here in topeka who collects everything
    International. He had bought it off E bay w/ no title. I got a title and found it to be a one owner (one titled owner) montana and texas truck with very little rust. Amazing. 345, 727, Motor and trans excellent. Typical international! Runs Well, needs basically maintenance work, and some TLC which I am getting to as I can on a shoe string budget. About 106,000 mi, burns no oil and really needs only a few things to get it going right now. I need to get some reasonable priced parts for this baby. She needs a tie rod bar and drag link and a radiator. Great to see so many people who appreciate the best trucks that were ever put on the road. :scout:

18. Hillbiolly519

Hillbiolly519 Farmall Cub

I'm not from Kansas, i live near Joplin Mo but i have relatives in Kansas. My Grandpa owns a 72 or a 73 1200 series pickup with a 345, and he uses it as a work truck regurally. My Uncle owns an orange 200 series with a 392 with a four barrel edlebrock carb, and it spends most of it's time in his garage, but he uses occasionally on the farm. My IH (my first truck) is a 1975 200 series with the 345, and i use it regullary as a daily driver to and from school. It's bone stock, but i plan to put some money into it making it a better daily driver.

19. uncre8tv

uncre8tv Farmall Cub

My Terra is registered in OPKS but it, and I, are habitating in Oregon, MO this winter (north of St.Joe.) Bought it from a guy in Osowatomie who had a whole yard full of Scout II stuff. It has a Traveler top on it at the moment, but the bulkhead is still in place. The back half is rusted all to hell and I'm of a mind to cut it off and put a utility bed on instead. But for the moment I'm concentrating on getting it running reliably 365, and to that end I'm looking at TBI setups for the 196 that's in it. The Holley 1940 is giving me fits.

Specs:
    '76 Terra
    196, T19, D20, D44's.

20. nekbinders

nekbinders Binder Driver

Suppose it is time to add myself to this list. I have approximately 50 IH's, for the time being. Always dragging home something and hauling off carcasses. I keep refurbished gas tanks and radiators on hand (all work done at a local radiator shop.) Have a large selection of engines, from runners to builders, from 152 to 392. I have spotters all over helping find hidden IH's and keeping them from the scrapers.

Dan Noll
    Northeast Kansas Binders
    Reserve, KS