There's Binders all over the Wheat State.

Discussion in 'Heartland International' started by Meat Man, May 15, 2006.

1. Jimmie B

Jimmie B Farmall Cub

Hiya

Jimmie here from Manhattan, stationed at Ft Riley. Proud owner of a '62 S80. Ran into Meat Man by random chance looking for turn signal lenses and air filter housings at O'Rielly's (Don't start-----I know the folly in that). Looking to build a semi-aggressive off-roader with some good daily-driver streetability. Any and all advice from all the old timers would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be a part of the club.....

2. MikeTheleman

MikeTheleman Farmall Cub

Hello everyone. This is my first time on the site. I live in Gardner, KS. I have a 1961 International Travelette. I bought it from my Grandfather in 91. He was the original owner. IH even put his initials on the dash. It has been garaged for the last 14 years and I am hoping to fix it up this next summer.

3. Mopowered

Mopowered Farmall Cub

Hello IH fans.
    I am in Hutchinson, not too far from many of you.
    I am only starting on my 78 scout 2 project.
    It is a long way from restored. Pretty rusty tired v8 with soft pugs rusted out.
    I am going back with an mpi BB mopar engine, 470ci, 727, 3.73 gear, 30-31" tire
    on 18" wheel. Hope to use Kentrol fiberglass tub, (as mine is shot). A/C,and
    a soft top.
    Ive owned a couple other scouts as well as IH pickups, and Im ready to dig into this dude. :) :)
    Rick

4. bull noonan

bull noonan Farmall Cub

got my first scout, it is a 79 traveler live in burlington, 60 miles south of topeka
    4in lift
    33 12.50 bfg
    345, auto

5. hotdamn

hotdamn Farmall Cub

hello,
    I've got a 76 scout II with 35's and a lincoln locker in the back, eventually want to make this on my wheeler but the colllege buget says otherwise. My old man has a 78 traveler family cruiser edition that has more rust than actual metal. One of these weekends I'm gonna steal the 345 from the traveler for my truck... :D

Cory Leffler
    In Manhatten for school but keep the scouts at home in Augusta

6. Kim Lister

Kim Lister Farmall Cub

Hi, I'm new to this whole website. My daily driver is a 67 Travelall. 392, front disc brakes from later (71&73) models. Just turned over 48,000 original miles. I think my ball joints are going. Brian at M&M called it "the Death Wobble" He's going to look at it Thursday. Very few, but some very interesting problems in the 4 years I've owned it. I drove it about a year & 1/2 with a non-functioning brake booster, unable to find a replacement or repair the original. Yes, just stand hard on the pedal, and it stops...I fixed it. I love my truck.
    Kim

7. Kim Lister

Kim Lister Farmall Cub

I forgot to mention Wichita. 2-wheel drive automatic

8. scout249

scout249 Farmall Cub

Hello...Rod Stoy....Arkansas City

Have found this Binder forum a great resource for just about everything Scout and truck related. Have learned alot. Thanks

My son and I have been "collecting" Scouts probably the last 25 years. We've restored a few and have maybe 6-7 Scout II's (mainly for parts, etc)and very nice '64 project body (pulled motor and tranny). Last year I was finallly able to acquire a 74 200 4x4 with 33K miles that was stored in the proverbial barn setting. Love this truck...she's a stump puller. Steering is too sensitive for my taste and have been thinking of replacing the military flat bed with a good bed and tailgate. Been looking for a 392 for a Scout project. As you know...Scout are a addiction once you've been there.

My first Scout restoration my wife talked me into giving to my son who was in high school and needed transportation. Probably the best thing I ever did, he's taken excellant care of it and will probably never part with it. Omaha orange with saddle interior...she's a looker for sure.

I have a few resources and know this area pretty good, if I can help..just e-mail me. rstoy@cox.net

9. Weston Cummings

Weston Cummings Farmall Cub

I have a '79 Scout II 'Cheri' with a 345, 727, 4 in. lift, and 32 x 11.50s. Montezuma is 25 mi. SW of Dodge City. Fellow Binders welcome!

10. jesse_hayes69

jesse_hayes69 Farmall Cub

I have a bright yellow '72 IH scout II in offerle kansas, about 28 miles east of dodge city, i was starting to think i was the only one that had one around here. Dana 30 front with powertrax locker, forged axles and superwinch hubs, rear is dana 44 with powertrax locker and forged axles, 33-12.50 being replaced with 16-35-15 t.s.l boggers. A little rusty for now but as soon as i get another daily driver thta will change
    ,Jesse Hayes

11. bray1720

bray1720 Farmall Cub

i just picked up a '75, 2wd, 345, automatic about 3 months ago. i'm in pittsburg, kansas right now going to college. i grew up in dodge city, i never realized there were any IH's in that area. this is my first scout, and i've wanted one for a long time. learning that i paid too much for it, but oh well i guess, i have it now.

12. papahonk

papahonk Farmall Cub

hope to have another, does that count . Ive owned a few scouts and a68 travelall that i miss dearly. Josh Thomson owns it so its still in KS. I live in Manhattan

13. LTPG

LTPG Farmall Cub

Update: Still have the 79' Traveler, gained a 77' Traveler and traded the 2000 F250 for a 2006. We (my daughter and me) plan on being in Newton at the show with the 79' here is a sneak peak.[​IMG]

14. LTPG

LTPG Farmall Cub

Update: Still have the 79' Traveler, gained a 77' Traveler and traded the 2000 F250 for a 2006. We (my daughter and me) plan on being in Newton at the show with the 79' here is a sneak peak.[​IMG]

15. steve scobee

steve scobee Farmall Cub

1973 1210 4WD 345, 4 speed MT. HOPE, KS.

16. Goatee

Goatee High Wheeler

Beloit Kansas, currently a 79 Scout II SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY working to a full width 4x4. Also have a 74 scout II and a 61 that is still in idaho.

17. 79scout-too

79scout-too Farmall Cub

Hello. Im Anthony from Omaha, NE and just got my hands on a 1979 Scout II. Nebraska is considered "Heartland" too, right? Wondering if you guys know of good IH shops around Nebraska, Iowa, and Kansas.

18. DeeK

DeeK Farmall Cub

Howdy, I'm in Lawrence & just bought my first IH this year. its a 73 SII. I picked it up & it went straight to storage, so my knowledge of these things is pretty limited. well I'm now getting around to throwing some parts on her & giving her the attention that she needs.

Not a newby to wrenchin & wheelin, just the IH stuff. & I'm on about every local 4x4 board Im Deek here & Every where eles.

19. NateL

NateL Farmall Cub

Gardner KS here. 76 Scout II sprung over with a 14 bolt rear, and a Dodge D60F on Hmmwv beadlocks and 36's(39's in the works).

Currently cutting out what is left of my floors and bed and replacing it with some fresh metal. She'll be getting a new cage and dash once the floors are done.

Currently considering a Motor swap to give me a few easier options for a transfercase, although I put a lot of time and money into my 345 and I'd hate to scrap it.

20. haysfarmer

haysfarmer Farmall Cub

Mike Corn from Hays. Two '75 Scouts, both in various stages of restoration. One in Salina and needing a lift to Hays. Hope to get it soon.