The International Metro picture thread

Discussion in 'Triple Diamond Trucks' started by Jim Grammer, Mar 28, 2008.

1. G-force

G-force Farmall Cub

Nice looking van!

2. iheartbeets

iheartbeets Farmall Cub

Thanks! She went for her first drive in 40 years last week. Just waiting to get all the state paperwork back for the year of manufacture tags. Runs like a top.

[​IMG]

And a few more. She spent about 2 weeks in the air getting the brakes done, wiring the taillights, and reinstalling the fuel tank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. BrendanKeener

BrendanKeener Farmall Cub

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and for the past couple months I have been trying to locate either a International Metro, Dodge Route Van, or a Divco. If anyone has a lead on either of those, please feel free to contact me. My profile picture is of a Metro I saw in person yesterday. I have talked to the lady who owns it and is willing to sell it, but it has too much rust for my liking. I have more pictures if anyone is interested. Thanks

Metro Hunter likes this.
  4. scalhotrod

scalhotrod Farmall Cub

Hey Brendan,

That's not the first photo of that van to be posted. It's been "for sale" for several years. For finding a Metro or other step van for sale, SearchTempest.com and the Metro page on Facebook are going to be good sources. Pretty much everything decent and/or interest is posted on the Facebook page, although its mostly Metros.

I might sell one or two of mine some day...

Chris

Metro Hunter likes this.
  5. ollie

ollie High Wheeler

Hi Brendan

Craigslist seems to be the best bet (via searchtempest as Chris recommends above). I found my Metro on there. I also have a Divco I bought on ebay (slightly unexpectedly- I put in a lowball bid and 'won' it). Be aware there is a huge surface area to work on with vans for rust and dent removal and to get to a paintable condition. It is a ton of work so be very realistic when you appraise the projects you are getting into. Obviously the mechanical issues can be major also, but it is typically easier to get them running steering and stopping as they are designed to be easy to work on as fleet vehicles, although be ready for a very last century experience in terms of ride quality and reaction times...Hope this helps

Metro Hunter likes this.
  6. Scat_bucket

Scat_bucket Farmall Cub

Here is one I spotted in Salt Lake City a couple of months ago. I don't know who it belongs to. I has a hula girl on the dash board too! IMAG1438.jpg IMAG1439.jpg

the bus driver and Metro Hunter like this.
  7. G-force

G-force Farmall Cub

Found this one recently. 1948 KB-3. All complete, Uncut, straight & original body, No rust anywhere. Original Paint. Yes, I said original 1948 paint!
    I'm currently tuning up the electricals and cleaning up the stainless grill inserts. Keep an eye out for this one. I plan on making it into something special.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  8. G-force

G-force Farmall Cub

Here she is with her new teeth. 18 of the grill bars were missing when I got the van. I found a local shop that can make nice stainless replacements. Can you tell the 18 new from the 34 original bars?
    If you need some bars for you K or D series vans get in touch.

[​IMG]

scalhotrod likes this.
  9. scalhotrod

scalhotrod Farmall Cub

Yep, I can spot a few of the originals... They aren't as nice as the new ones... :)

Please send me the info and who built your new grill bars, nicely done!!

10. CALI_KID2000

CALI_KID2000 Farmall Cub

Interested in selling?

11. Old Junk Man

Old Junk Man Farmall Cub

international van 014.JPG Ive got this one. its a dual wheel chassis with 17 inch wheels. I think its a 240 engine with a 264 intake and 2 bbl carb. someone installed a Packard hub cap on the doghouse for carb clearance. the owners & drivers manual I found in it states it should have a updraft carb? Its something I would sell. I really don't know what it is worth. would consider any realistic offers. I started a thread titled Metro

Attached Files:

12. Jamie Britton

Jamie Britton Farmall Cub

Hello everyone. I've got a '56 shorty, curious if anyone can tell me how rare the shorty models are. Also, I have a lead on a 4 window metro coach, curious if anyone can tell me how rare the 4 windows are compared to the 3 window coaches? Much appreciated!

13. G-force

G-force Farmall Cub

Jamie, I sent you a PM

14. G-force

G-force Farmall Cub

Not selling the '48 anytime soon. Maybe never. It might just be the most solid all original metro left. Not so much as metal pitting anywhere on it.

I did just this week however find a 1946 K1M that now sits in front of my barn. It has rust, but it's uncut and has the magic rear door. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

I'm still trying to get the '47 KB-1 shorty that is about 5 hours from me hidden on a farm. It has the wide rear doors. The owner is an eccentric.

15. scalhotrod

scalhotrod Farmall Cub

Shorty's of any year are on the rare side. The 9ft mid-size had the highest production numbers followed by the 12ft ft, THEN the 7ft shorties, and then everything else including the cabover trucks.
    As for your coach, what wheelbase/body size is it? Please post pics...

16. G-force

G-force Farmall Cub

Here's the '46 K1M. It's got that look you can't fake. You can barely make out the old dry cleaning logos under all the layers of paint.
    [​IMG]

17. Randall Barringer

Randall Barringer Y-Block King