Super Scout Registry

Discussion in 'SSII' started by UplandHunter, Jul 6, 2018.

1. UplandHunter

UplandHunter Farmall Cub

Admin- if this posting is not acceptable, please delete.
    I tried to contact the previous owner of a site that maintained a SS registry at one time. (Unless I have missed something, none of the registry information is posted on this site.) After several attempts with no response, I have decided to start a new one. The web site address is below. At this point, I am just putting the website together, there will be more information posted as it comes in and as I have the time to work on it. (If there is another website/registry that I am not aware of, please let me know.)
    I need SS pictures of your scout that you are willing for me to post on the site. I hope to get a good representation in photo's of the survivors still out there. I also need any information on your SS you are willing to share. A partial list of information I could use is already on the site.
    I have a Bush Hog garden tractor web site that I set up with help from a few other fellow collectors. So this is not the first time I have done something like this. You can go to bushhoggardentractor.com to see the other site I maintain. In that registry, I share the information on an excel sheet posted on a website we were all participating on. I do block out any personal information. Only the state where it is located is shown. I realize some people do not want their information posted for all to see.
    My plan is to do the same with the SS registry. I will post an excel sheet, as I gather information, on this site under the SSII forum. Most likely it will be a every couple of months updates.
    I am not wanting to reinvent the wheel, but I think it would be pretty cool to figure out how many of each yearly model are out there. How many were Brush Busters, Rancher Specials, Sports, or Baja Cruisers in each year? As the info comes in, I am sure there will be more information to share. We will never get it 100% right, but we will see patterns for sure. Any help and information you are willing to share will be greatly appreciated.

One reason I got interested in researching this was the information provided by Scout Encyclopedia on SS deliveries. It shows by year, but does not reflect by year model, as they note in their book. We do not know how many were made by model year. I noticed there were 738 1977 models and 2,478 1978 models. But as mentioned above, these numbers reflect deliveries not yearly model numbers. I noticed the majority of Super Scouts I was seeing were 1977 year models, which did not make sense. If you look at the 1978 numbers at 2,478, you would think and expect to be seeing more 78 models than any other model. For my short time researching that has not been the case. 1977 seems to be the predominate year listed in any sales ad or on the owners posting. Yes some of this could be they were built in 1977 but actually 78 models. By collecting this information on build dates, etc. We may be able to figure some of this out.

When i first started collecting Bush Hog garden tractors, we knew little about production numbers etc. We have not solved all the riddles, but with the help of the serial numbers collected, we have a greater knowledge of their production numbers, models dates and changes.
    I told everyone I was a student of Bush Hog GT's. 6 years later, I have been able to acquire a lot of information that I have shared on my web site. I am now winding down that collection, and my new endeavor will be Super Scouts and all the information I can gather on them regarding yearly production numbers, etc. I don't expect to gain the level of knowledge on International Scouts, as many of you already have acquired over many dedicated years of driving, selling, collecting and/or restoring them. But maybe in my research, I can shed a little light on something that is not already known.
    I am now a student of Super Scouts and will be greatly appreciative any information you are willing to share!

Finally, if I am wrong, and all these answers are already out there, please share it with me or tell me where to find it. It would sure save me a lot of time and money!!

Thanks,
    Scott Culbreth

http://superscoutregistry.com/

PS- I blame Jim and John for getting me all hyped up on Super Scouts. Reading the Scout Encyclopedia, just fanned the flames for me to begin the research on Super Scouts. I am grateful for their knowledge and their sharing of it. Note also I am focusing on Super Scouts and not Midas Super Scouts. I believe Tim Smolinski and others have already done the research with them.

Rudy likes this.
  2. winchested

winchested High Wheeler

This sounds awesome!

Ill forward you some pictures of mine and the LST.

Mine is a 79' canadian sale model.

UplandHunter likes this.
  3. winchested

winchested High Wheeler

Pm me your email and I'll send the info.

4. UplandHunter

UplandHunter Farmall Cub

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. UplandHunter

UplandHunter Farmall Cub

Just an update on what I have so far. I am still trying to decide what info to post as far as owner ship etc when I do post the spread sheet on the registry. I would be interested to hear what you think, let me know what if any concerns you have about posting this info.
    To date the site has had 2065 visits. That's pretty impressive, since it has been up less than 2 months. That's the good news. The bad news, I only have the following registered. I (we) need more!!!
    This registry is only as good as the participation by all involved!
    1977 14
    1978 1
    1979 4

I know there are many more SSII's out there!!! Please send them in!! Also I greatly appreciated any line tickets you are willing to send me for your SSII. It really helps me decide how to categorize it and I am looking for any anomaly's I may find along the way.

6. winchested

winchested High Wheeler

Reminds me I totally forgot to get my Lst to you.

UplandHunter likes this.
  7. sabercat

sabercat Farmall Cub

are you looking for all s/n for ssii either alive or dead ?

8. UplandHunter

UplandHunter Farmall Cub

Yes-will take all- just need to know status
    Thanks

9. sabercat

sabercat Farmall Cub

there are /were 2 in ontario for sale this summer
    one s/n was J0052JGD41????? the other was J0052???????
    and there is one in nova scotia it is a very early base model 4 cylinder

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    UplandHunter likes this.
  10. Ron A

Ron A Binder Driver

IMG_0993.JPG

UplandHunter likes this.
  11. Ron A

Ron A Binder Driver

Scott, good luck with the registry. If you can find Pat, and get all his old stuff I am sure that would help.

UplandHunter likes this.
  12. Darrel

Darrel Y-Block King

Patrick Decker aka Hooper just posted the other day. Not positive but I think he still admins the old registry.

UplandHunter likes this.
  13. UplandHunter

UplandHunter Farmall Cub

Thanks for the line ticket!