SSII's at Nationals

Discussion in 'SSII' started by pweeks3, Sep 4, 2010.

1. pweeks3

pweeks3 High Wheeler

How many folks out there are bringing a SSII to Nationals this year. It's been a little thin for us the past couple of years.

2. Monkeyplasm

Monkeyplasm Farmall Cub

My SSII aint close to street legal. Traveler will have to do.

3. crazyeight

crazyeight Farmall Cub

Mine will be there...fingers crossed...lol

4. pweeks3

pweeks3 High Wheeler

Well, hope to see you there. I'll be there in my '77. Jason, you bringing the SSII or the Sportstar?

5. 1977 SS Deuce

1977 SS Deuce Farmall Cub

Ill have mine done someday soon. I hope someone gets alot of pics to share.

6. Steve Nieman

Steve Nieman Farmall Cub

I'll be there with my Midas SSII. Nationals virgin, anyone got any tips on what to bring, where to park, or what to do while there?

7. Dennis Bernth

Dennis Bernth Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Bring yourself, your Scout, and money to buy parts :yes:

Seriously, just drive in the 'show car' gate, if you tell them you're there for the Scout show they'll let you in to the Scout area (people will show you since you haven't been there before) and then you can go get registered and get your window sticker and all that. Lots of people bring the pop up canopies, depending on weather it can get hot or it can rain, and it's nice to have shelter. A cooler is good with whatever your non alcoholic beverage of choice, no alcohol allowed at the fairgrounds period, and they'll enforce it. Other than that, walking shoes, besides all the IH stuff there is a whole nother 'all makes' swap meet and car show that takes up the bulk of the fairgrounds, lots of good deals to be had and if you're just a general car nut like a lot of IH people are you'll see some other rides that trip your fancy over there.

8. pweeks3

pweeks3 High Wheeler

Steve, you'll have an absolute blast! Dennis had all the good suggestions. Pop up canopy is a great idea as usually it is BLAZING hot for the show. At least more times than not. Yup, just pull into the show car entrance, not the general public entrance or you'll have a long walk. Come and introduce yourself, looks like you've got a beautiful ride. I'll be in a '77 Elk colored SSII, no stripe kit. Don't worry about stuff to do, you'll be overwhelmed with the IH stuff, let alone the rest of the swap meet.

9. Binder Brothers

Binder Brothers Binder Driver

I'm bringing my '79 Midas SSII. I'll be parked next to Steve!

10. Steve Nieman

Steve Nieman Farmall Cub

Thanks for the tips, I can't wait. I'm trailering the SSII so I will have room for some extra goodies to take home with me.

11. ihscoutlover

ihscoutlover High Wheeler

Looks like I will get to see yours in person Steve. Its the matching colors/stripes and such as my Terra. Too bad I lack lots of Money Trees, as I would have had that one done already, and be driving it with the T'all this year. Maybe next year. Its still needing hard brake lines run to the rear. I will be looking for you Steve, just look for my baby blue '73 Travelall, in the covered parking next to the main building that registration is in. Looking forwards to seeing some people I haven't seen for the last year. No ugly Scout this year, letting someone else have it.

Jeff

12. JasonR.

JasonR. Binder Driver

Paul - The SSII is staying home this year, in lieu of bringing my 1980 Scout for the 30 year anniversary.

Besides, the SSII got a little 'use' over the weekend and needs good bath before it's Nationals ready...we spent the weekend with some friends at their lake house and took all the kids (5 of them, ages 18mos to 6 years) on an impromptu wheeling expedition. Nothing that would compromise the body or paint (or the kids), but a lot of fun. The kids loved it. They really dug the water crossings!We found an 1840s homestead, spotted several deer families, etc...

Quote of the day..."it's like we're on an African safari"...by buddies daughter.
    Priceless memories and hopefully the next generation of IH enthusiasts.

Sorry for the thread detour. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Springfield.

13. pweeks3

pweeks3 High Wheeler

Well guys,
    I was really happy to see so many SSII's this year! It's been thin the last few years. 3 Midas SSII's together was fantastic! Beautiful trucks too! Hope everyone had as good a time as I did.

14. Binder Brothers

What a great show again. Nothing gives me more inspiration to work on my Scouts than Nationals. What a great group of trucks and people.

We took some pictures of the three Midas SSII's all together next to the main building. I will post them soon.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  15. ihfarms

ihfarms Farmall Cub

Wish I would have seen your scout. Well aways next year.

16. Binder Brothers

Here are some pictures of the Midas SSII's from Nationals.

Attached Files:

17. Steve Nieman

Steve Nieman Farmall Cub

Great Pics Tim! Thanks for posting them. It was really cool to see all three Midas' together.

18. ihscoutlover

Tim, thanks for allowing me time to enjoy your truck. PM me your phone number as you had some questions about my Terra, and I was trying to get that information to/from you during our chat. Besides, if you are planning to attend next years, I will have a surprise for you if you attend. PM me for further information, as I will be happy to chat with you some more since our meeting was brief.

Jeff

19. Binder Brothers

Jeff - I plan to attend Nationals next year. You're going to make me wait until then to find out about the surprise?

20. ihscoutlover

Well Tim I don't really want to let the cat out of the bag, but lets just say I am planning on doing some Tech talk sessions that you Midas guys may just want to attend. I will let you know when I call you. I got your PM, so now its just coordinating my time and schedule with your time zone. We'll get to chat this week. Thanks again for allowing me the enjoyment of your truck, and we will have at least 2 trucks at the show next year(hoping 3, looking over shoulder).

Jeff