I guess we are over due for an update. While Nathan was down picking up Roadkill he gave me a hand with the front axle and suspension (thanks again Nate). We stripped the old axle down to a bare housing, the removed it from the truck. Next we yanked the old front springs out. Now we've found that no small task on this truck is complete without finding a gift from the P.O. Nathan and I found the front diff without a drop of gear oil for this task. Fast forward a couple days and Jason and I began stripping the front frame of all it's spring/shackle hangers,bump stops and shock mounts. We also pulled the steering box and old steering box repair plate. The frame has seen better days around the steering box. With the plate out of the way Jason ground down and welded all of the cracks then ground the frame flat. While he was working on that I built a new plate and we welded that down over the frame repairs. We also beefed up the rear most steering box hole on the inside frame rail We then moved to the passenger side frame rail. We wanted to beef up that side as well since it's getting a straight steer brace. We punched out all the mounting holes to 1/2'' so we could run bigger bolts for a little more beef.