South East Texas Trading post/Classifieds

Discussion in 'Gulf Coast Binders' started by Fred Demmon, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Fred Demmon

Fred Demmon Y-Block King

This is a Sticky for all items for sale-wanted-free in the Metro Houston/South East Texas area

It can be IH related or not
    Also if you are wanting to borrow a speciality tool or lend one this could be a good place to exchange that information as well

2. radar232

radar232 Binder Driver

Jared and I haven't secured a set of D44's just yet although we do have some options. Just wanted to let you guys know my stock axles will most likely be available in the next few months if someone is in need. The axles are free to a good home. For the most part they are ready to run but the rear passenger-side hub needs to be replaced.
    I would like to keep the hub lockers though.
    Additionally, I have a bunch of brand new spare axle/brake parts, to include the rear hub that needs replacing.
    Again, the axles are free but I would have to get a reasonable price for all the new parts I have for them. I have the receipts for all those parts in storage but won't be able to find them till I get home around September.
    The front is a typical closed knuckle, open diff D-27 @ 4.27.
    The rear is a tapered D-44 with closed diff @ 4.27.
    It's also fair to say the stock steering linkages will be available as well and free to GCB members.
    Ultimately, keep track of Freedom Scout progress, if you see stock parts getting replaced whats left will most likely be up for grabs. There are a few parts I will wanna keep but send me a PM if any of you need something.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  3. Fred Demmon

Fred Demmon Y-Block King

OK a couple things to post here to see if someone is intrested

1. Complete set of seat cover in a tan/brown including armrest covers for a Dodge 4 door truck. Not sure what all years they fit. 04-06 at least if not other years. Not Megacab

I bought them from a guy who leathered out his truck right after he bought it.
    I paid $200 when I bought them so PM me your Best offer

2. Senco DC300 screw gun
    http://www.nailgundepot.com/Senco-DuraSpin-DS300AC-Electric-Screwdriver-114-to-3-Details.html
    $125

4. sullyscout77

sullyscout77 Binder Driver

Have a set of stock Scout II front and rear bumpers in great shape. I bought these from Rustman back about 5 years ago and since then I obtained a set of Custom Ryan's fabrication bumpers which are now on my Scout. They are painted black and will need touch up but would like to get the $80.00 I have invested for the set.
    First come - First served, (I have to feed Wilbur, lol). :yes:

5. I had a 1976 scout II, a lady pulled out in front of me. I sold the tub, doors, and seats. I have most every thing else left including the hard top. I have a brand new bikini i never got to use. I has a 345 and Dana 44s. I also have a 800 with a straight six. All it is missing Any thing you are looking for specifiis axles. I also have three B John Deeres, h farmall, m farmall, and a old boat with a 70 Johnson. I would like to sell and trade it all for what I need to get my gramp's 80 going. Parts are at my dads in Bryan. I cant get pictures to upload to forum but I can email them.

JWolfe likes this.
  6. radar232

radar232 Binder Driver

I may be interested in the 800. Sent you a PM explaining what I have to do to post pics with my digital camera.

7. Fred Demmon

Fred Demmon Y-Block King

8. the Scout two has been exposed, it got pulled out of the shed to make room for the restored tractors. the top on the 800 is an old full top that was cut down by the previous owner. i have all scout II parts other than the tub and doors. Have a tail gate with an original spare tire and fuel tank rack. the hard top is coated with bed linner on the top but needs some attention on the inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Sold the bikini top thanks for the intrest.

10. scoutpappa

scoutpappa Farmall Cub

Are you saying that you have an original spare tire carrier for the tailgate. As is a swing out type? I would be interested in that if it's still good metal.

11. Sammy

Sammy Y-Block King

I have a T5 and a Dana 300 out of a mid 80's CJ. Willing to sell separately or together. I'll let it hold down the concrete for a couple months before I sent it out to get made into a Kia

12. Yes it is the swing out type. I'll try to get my dad to take a picture of it. I will be looking for one for my 80.

13. fr_blake

fr_blake Guest

I'm new to the forum, and was looking to purchase a Scout II found on Craigslist, but it doesn't have a top. Do you still have the bed linered hard top? If so, how much would you want for it?

14. Fred Demmon

Fred Demmon Y-Block King

I am selling a sand blast cabinet

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ECONOLINE-Abrasive-Blast-Cabinet-3Z887

The one i have is used and where the door is on the right side there is just a rubber flap
    I have not operated this cabinet, but it all seems to be there.

Gloves are worn, but useable

Open to offers $$$ or trades of tools I don't already have:yes: or try me on something you have that I might be able to use.:gun_bandana::yes:
    Don't have pics yet, but will post soon
    Possibly able to help with delivery

PM me any details of offers or trade suggestions

15. Scouter66

Scouter66 Farmall Cub

I have a spare tire carrier for an 80 I would trade for your swing out for my 800.

16. I think we could do that. I need to get to Bryan to get it

17. jjhockey

jjhockey Farmall Cub

New to Texas, currently in the Houston area. looking for custom bumpers: any recommendations?

1978 Rallye Scout

many thanks,
    JJ

18. bmacguyver

bmacguyver High Wheeler

Just found a 65 scout 80 complete 4x4 4 cyl in the corpus christi you pull it yard.

Hth

Mac

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  19. radar232

radar232 Binder Driver

I got a pair of like new Bestop Trail Max II seats. Black Vinyl.
    Retail $279 each, I'll sell the pair for $350.

They are great, weather resistant, reclining seats that have spent more time in storage then in my Scout.

I'm selling them to get a pair of Corbeau Baja Ultras.

Pm if interested.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  20. Sammy

Sammy Y-Block King

I have a SD-33T that was in my 80 SII. I pulled it off the frame almost a year ago and it's just sitting around collecting dust. Still runs good, or did and has all the accesories. I would like to get it out of my way either complete or parted out. Would like to get $500 for it but any offer would probably better than scrap price.