Sorry, Can't Resist

Discussion in 'Southeast Binders Association' started by atlantascoutfan, Apr 9, 2003.

1. atlantascoutfan

atlantascoutfan Binder Driver

I just can't help myself -- I just had to make the first post. Congratulations to Southern Scouts on starting a member forum! :) :D

BTW, it was good to see many of you at the Dixie Regionals this past weekend. It was a great show: Made some new friends, saw lots of old friends, bought parts and got LOTS of ideas for my new rig. Thanks to everyone who made the show possible!

-Alan

2. dblkick

dblkick Binder Driver

Not to mention enough JD shot glasses to fill the tank of the Scout:D

Dave

3. Bruce Shealy

Bruce Shealy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Dixie Regionals

We have Bill T to thank for getting us going on the Forum here. We did auction off a few JD shot glasses didnt we? Mike Eppinger always has nice JD products to dontate to the auction. I had a great time and made a few new friends as well. Looking forward to the Nationals. The Southern Scout beach trip is May 17th so keep it in mind,..Nags Head beach driving and seafood,..my kind of trip. I may have to e mail Mark Brown,..scout events and eating are hobbies of Mark and I.

4. atlantascoutfan

I'll second that emotion: Thanks for setting the forum up, Bill. Now I have one more excuse to spend time here and not work. (Like I need an excuse! :rolleyes: :D)

Oh and Dave -- Would you believe I had to throw out some other glasses to make room for the JD shot glasses! Thanks to Epp for these. I've already used half of 'em at least once. :eek: :)

The beach trip sounds like fun. Unfortunately my youngest cousin had the poor judgment to schedule her wedding for the 17th, and my family bought me a plane ticket already. :rolleyes: (They had to buy it, else they knew I'd be at an IH event *somewhere.* :D)

5. Kyle

Kyle Farmall Cub

Hi

Hi Alan,

So you moved to DC? I was wondering what happened to you. Sounds like you have a new Scout. Post a photo or two. I sold my two Travelers and am back down to my original SSII (along with the 72 parts Scout in the back yard).

Kyle

6. atlantascoutfan

Hi Kyle,

Good to hear from you! So, you're back to one runner, eh? Well, I think you picked the best one. And, with one to focus on you can make more mods more quickly. ;)

Oddly enough I don't have any pics of the new '79 yet. The weather is supposed to be nice today though, so I'll post one if I get a minute to run home. I gotta warn you however, the amount of rust and body damage may be disturbing to some viewers. :rolleyes: :D

-Alan

7. atlantascoutfan

As Promised

Kyle,

Follow the link to the pics:

Alan's "New" Scout

I've already spent 3x the cost of this Scout on replacement sheet metal. Let's just say I have a busy summer ahead of me. :D

-Alan