SOA kit?

Discussion in 'Anything Scout' started by armyscout, Feb 10, 2010.

1. armyscout

armyscout Farmall Cub

i have been haveing a hard time getting ahold of the guys at anythingscouts. i am interested in the soa. kit. I am wondering how much work will need to be done to get the axle put on. i have done a soa on my scout but would like to replace the front axle (lets just say i made a few mistakes). my main question is how much would it be extra for parts and labor to have a carrer and gears and bearings instaled before shiping it out.

2. Korllach

Korllach Farmall Cub

If you havnt bought one yet, and cant get ahold of anything scout you can try some of the other vendors here too. I bought SOA and RS kits from Jeff Ismail at IH Only North and love the parts. I think D and C offers a kit, or they used to.

3. scoutrallye

scoutrallye Farmall Cub

Hi,

You can call anytime at the shop line 515-233-3020. If we miss your call we will call you back. The SOA kit is a nice kit and comes with the completed front housing, the hd z drag link, braided stainless hoses, rear perches, and rear shock tabs. I would usually recommend replacing spring bushings too. We have those as well $40 per pack. If you like you can send me your front end, minus the shafts and outers (ball joints out) and the carrier with ring gear. You can leave the pinion shaft and bearings in the housing. Ship it to me and I can do the kit to that front end. Then you will not have any problems re-assembling your front end with no additional labor for gears or the hassle of re setting them. It will usually take about 20 hours total labor and some welding on the rear perches and shock tabs. We can typically build everything in 2-3 weeks. Sorry we missed you and thanks for checking in. - Sean Anything Scout

4. armyscout

armyscout Farmall Cub

thank you for the reply. it is good advice the problem is that i am deployed in iraq right now. my scout is in AZ and i am stationd in KS. when we get back i will have like 15 days to go home get the scout do the work to it and drive it back to KS. installing the axle shouldnt take more than a day of work, well itll have to luck for me my father works for ford doing RnD so what i cant figure out he will be able to help me with

5. scoutrallye

scoutrallye Farmall Cub

6. 1972ScoutToo

1972ScoutToo Farmall Cub

I have been looking at this kit as well. I want to do High Steer instead of the Z link. What is the price for the kit minus the steering parts, or if you have it with high steer parts?

7. 1972ScoutToo

1972ScoutToo Farmall Cub

I have been looking at this kit as well. I want to do High Steer instead of the Z link. What is the price for the kit minus the steering parts, or if you have it with high steer parts?

8. scoutrallye

scoutrallye Farmall Cub

Thanks for checking in. The z-drag link is about $180 in the kit.

The high steer kit is $750 with all the parts and hardware and specifically... a double drilled high steer arm that works with stock size taper tre's.

so we would subtract the $180 from the $750.. = $620 add

I can also assemble the knuckles on the housing for an additional $100. That includes pressing ball joints, clearance for calipers, etc...

HD steering links would run $160 each in addition

Sean