Shipping Price

Discussion in 'IH Parts America' started by Randall Barringer, May 6, 2017.

1. Randall Barringer

Randall Barringer Y-Block King

Hello,
    I would like to purchase Front Brake Wheel Cylinder Hardline Set for 1961-71 Scout 80, Scout 800, 800A, 800B, but the shipping price of $13.89 for a couple of small brake lines that cost $11.95 has scared me away. I just went through this with a Robertshaw thermostat that I got from y´all. I know I should have gotten it all at the same time, but I that is not how it has worked out.

Is it possible to ship it via USPS at a much more affordable rate?
    Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Randy

2. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

won't be a lot of difference ?

3. Randall Barringer

Small USPS flat rate box is $6.10. May not seem like a lot, but every dollar I can save matters. If it isn´t an option, no biggie, just wanted to ask.

4. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

oh yeah, right ! it doe's to.

5. winchested

winchested High Wheeler

That's cheap as heck lol, try getting anything in Canada.

6. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

In the business defense, I ship alot of stuff too. Its not just the shipping cost itself, you have to pay someone or your time to pull the part and box up. So most places will do a house flat rate to cover this cost. So a large order multi-parts cost same as 1 part. This spreads cost of the handling etc. If not I would lose money on shipping even if one paid the USPS flat rate. Just explaining it from my business point of view. IHPA may be different but I understand it.

One reason I try to order everything I need at once. But I know its hard to do some times.

Randall Barringer likes this.
  7. Randall Barringer

I'll do a better job of placing my orders. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

8. Jeff Ismail

Jeff Ismail High Wheeler

Thank you for your feedback and concern in regards to our shipping offerings and pricing on our online store. We do understand that every dollar counts when restoring these old IH's that's why we do all we can to save our customers money and offer incentives like our customer loyalty program. At this time, our online store is only set up to calculate and ship orders via UPS. Every online order shipping charge is calculated at a minimum weight of one pound to your zip code. This is just how UPS works as it is there company/website that actually calculates the final shipping charge, we just tell UPS where it's going and how heavy the order is. I do emphasize "at this time" as we are currently working on adding a USPS small box flat rate service feature to our online store for small items but it will take some time until we have it fully instituted.

Currently, if you would like your order shipped to you via USPS to save a few dollars, please give us a call to place your order as we will be glad to accommodate your request. Please understand there might be an extra day delay in getting your order processed as our US mailman shows up fairly early each day to make deliveries and pickup. Also please understand that if a small package that has a stamp put on it and is tossed into the mail gets lost on its way to you, we have no recourse on tracking the item or making a lost package claim so the discounted method of USPS does come with some risk.

BO185 and Randall Barringer like this.
  9. Randall Barringer

Thanks for the excellent customer service, I'll continue to recommend you.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

BO185 likes this.
  10. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

I will say this about USPS on the risk the priority flat rates are tracked. But just had an IH guy ship a box USPS to me and they lost it!!! IT was a large box and had some rare parts in it, he had ins. but the money doen't buy the unobtainum parts. Fedex or UPS seem to have better tracking overall. One thing I will say about USPS... Seen a contract carrier drving down freeway with gate open he had been dumping mail for 4 miles didn't even know it...