SEBA Rides

Discussion in 'Southeast Binders Association' started by Mitch Neal, Oct 22, 2008.

1. WhiteRhino

WhiteRhino Farmall Cub

[​IMG]

I bought this 1972 about a year ago with probably the best body of any Scout II I have owned. To my surprise she had a broken rod but no damage internally. But I picked her up today and the wiring has gone bad so know it's time to get a wire harness. Drove it today and it handled pretty good. Officially back in the game. I think I might keep this one for awhile.

2. specfour

specfour Farmall Cub

So mine is still in project phase, but hopefully will be ready to drive to nationals in August. Lots of work done, lots of work to go.....

[​IMG] This was the day I towed her home.

[​IMG] New carb, new crossflow radiator, new modern relay based wiring, dual electric fans from a Taurus police car.

[​IMG] Front suspension redone, new bushings, new shackles, new (used) springs, home fabbed sway bar, new diff cover, new shocks, new U bolts, ect

[​IMG] Re-did the grill guard/bumper mounting and added Smiley KC lights

Andy

3. El Guapo

El Guapo Farmall Cub

This is EL GUAPO, my 1980 Scout II. Bought it from a good friend several years ago for $500 with original paint (Tahitian red w/ gold top, good bit of rust and a primer hood).

[​IMG]
    This was the result of some body work done by a body man who flaked out and ripped me off.

[​IMG]
    This was after finding a new body guy who picked up the pieces and fixed her up for me. But, some rust has returned since (botched body work) and the clear coat is peeling badly now. I ditched the rusted out hard top and bought a used kayline soft top.

[​IMG]
    This is pretty much how it looks now. It sat for about 4-5 yrs due to a radiator leak I was too lazy to fix. Finally did about 2 years ago, had to replace most of the freeze plugs in the block, valley pan seal, intake gaskets, front main seal, fixed some engine bay/inner fender rust, rebuilt the carb, full tune up, etc. Also installed a superlift 4" kit, new wheels/tires and had the tranny rebuilt. I also installed a new soft top from softtopper because the kayline stitching all rotted out and the windows began to crack.

It's about time for real body/paint now to get all the sheet metal healthy. Once I find a good body guy I can trust. Otherwise, runs & drives great. I'm super happy to be able to daily drive it again. So much fun.

4. Icculus

Icculus Farmall Cub

Here is my ride. 76 SII, 345. Mostly original.

Attached Files:

5. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

Welcome! Good looking Scout! Hope to see you at a local meet soon.

6. AUg33k

AUg33k Farmall Cub

First Scout, Bought it Friday. Named her Thunder...cause she is LOUD. 304 with small glass packs of some sort.

Rear wheel fell off on the drive home. Gas tank leaks when you overfill...or when you are on the side of the road and jack her up to put a wheel back on. Back end squats and is a little squirrelly on the road (figured I eventually wanted lift anyway, so hoping new springs with lift will help).

Bought: Plugs, Plug Wires, D Cap, Air Filter, Oil Filter, Wheel Suds, Battery so far.

Wants: 2.5" RC lift, 1.5 Shackles, Gas Tank, Paint, molding, etc...

Question: will the same studs work front and rear? The ones I took of the rear had an "F" on them...assuming that meant front. The ones I got from Autozone were all the same part number for front and rear.

I am a proud Newby...so any advice will be appreciated.

Michael
    Auburn, AL area...Actually Marcoot, AL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Howie Lederfind

Howie Lederfind Farmall Cub

Congrats on your purchase! The gas tank leak could be the rubber hose section on the driver's side of your tank. It may just need to be replaced. The shaky handling could be several things. Check all steering components first...ball joints, tie rod ends, steering box...it may need some new parts. The steering box can be tightened to a certain extent. Also check your shackles for loose hardware or worn bolts and spring eye bushings. Squatting in the rear is usually an indication that your springs are weak. A new leaf spring kit will help...and will give you fresh spring eye bushings. Someone else may be able to give you a definite answer on the wheel studs, but I'm thinking they should be the same, unless the disc brake front axles take a different stud. Enjoy your iconic piece of american automotive history!
    Howie <><

8. jhnyct

jhnyct High Wheeler

Welcome to the party. The extra long shackles in the front of your new ride are giving you some crazy castor angles. That aids in the scary handling. It also gives the front some lift, making the back seem lower. It's always a good time when you are trying to sort out certain "upgrades" performed by the previous owner. Good luck. We are here to answer questions you may run across.

9. JordanAMC

JordanAMC Binder Driver

Bumping this thread since there hasn't been a post made in a year, to the day!

Here's my newest acquisition (a few months back). It currently sits more or less as it was in this photo, but the engine is free now and she turns over on her own. Next up is to sort out all of the ignition stuff the previous owner disconnected, then add some fuel, and vroom!

If anyone has a top (any top!) in decent shape with good rear glass (or just a decent liftgate!) let me know... I need one! I could use a soft top in lieu of the factory top, too.

[​IMG]

And just for fun, one of my other rides (actually, sold it about a year ago). This is my wife and I up in the mountains of Tennessee a couple of years back. After about four days and 750 miles of riding on those roads, my rear tire about gave up the ghost about an hour from civilization... on memorial day weekend. Got a new one though with the help of some fellow riders in the area!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  10. SR-2

SR-2 Farmall Cub

I've dont think I've ever posted my 800 in the ride section so here it is.
    1970 800A SR-2 304 auto
    The stance is thanks to Randy at GRC

unnamed.jpg

11. 1975IH200

1975IH200 High Wheeler

I realized I haven't posted in this thread yet.
    Here is my '75 Model 306.