Scout Parts...Logistics??

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Binders Association' started by freeride, Dec 1, 2003.

1. freeride

freeride Farmall Cub

Hey Guys,

I found a pretty sweet deal for some scout parts, but it's a lotta stuff. So...here's my dilemma...anyone got any spare room :D ?? Also, it's a lotta stuff to try to cram into one scout...anyone wanna go in with me on this and we can split the load? It's got a couple of things I need and a few more that I'd like. I need/would like the new hood and windshield frame. I'd like to take that 345 and rebuild it. And depending one finances I might use a pair of axles..but other than that...The parts are just spare.

Let me know if anyone is interested or can help out.

-John

2. Keith F

Keith F Binder Driver

John,
    I can possibly help you out with some storage. There is a small steel 8' x 8' shed outside my new place that will be housing my spare scout parts and maybe some other junk. The shed needs some TLC: roof missing a couple bolts, doors need reinstallation, etc. I don't have time to fix it up at the moment, but have at it if you want to use it!

As for help picking it up... Depends on how that Terra he has looks! ;) My next free weekend is January 3, so I may not be too much help. :rolleyes:

3. Tom McMillion

Tom McMillion Farmall Cub

I bought a T-19 wide off of JohnD a couple of years or so ago and never got a chance to get down there to pick it up. I hope it's not in the batch of stuff he's selling now.

If he's still got it, I would pay you to deliver it to me or close to me if it's not out of your way on your return trip.

4. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

I know Lightweight was door shopping. If he doesn't want them, and they are "good doors"...I do want them.:)

5. freeride

freeride Farmall Cub

Well I'm definately gonna head down there to get this stuff...it's just a matter of how much stuff I can fit in my truck and where I can put it. Hey Keith....wanna practice buildin a garage outside of your place before headin down to ScoutCo? Could be ScoutCo <gangster slang> EASTSIIIIIIDE </gangster slang> . It's a good stater set for parts. Lightweight...sound off if those doors are what your lookin for...I might see about takin multiple trips over a couple of weekends to get all this stuff up here. We'll see.

If anyone has a trailor they can lend...lemme know!

-John

6. Keith F

Keith F Binder Driver

Bring it!

As for the trailer, I've got one of those in my yard right now too. I borrowed/swiped it from my boss to aid in moving. It's a 4' x 8' POS. Seriously, the wiring for the lights is severed in a couple places, and it doesn't have tags on it. I have to check with the DMV and determine at what size/weight are plates required. :confused: (I always see air compressor trailers running around without tags...) But it rolls down the road just fine, basically a sheet of plywood, some duct tape, paper clips and two tires. :p

Oh yeah, if your truck is stock looking, with a hardtop, U-Haul rents closed 4x8 trailers for around $10 a day + taxes. Check their website. There is a rental place on Columbia pike, between Rt. 7 and Glebe.

7. Mike Moore

If Larry doesn't want the doors, I can find a home for them, so no storage will be needed...they'll bolt right on R/T, and won't take up any extra space at all.;)

8. freeride

freeride Farmall Cub

no hitch

Hey Keith...

I'd LOVE to use a trailor to get that stuff but I lack the most important piece...the hitch...and there's only so long that duct tape can hold a trailer to my bumper. So we'll see. If worse comes to worse...I'll just hafta make a couple of trips.

Mike...if Larry doesn't need them...they are yours! I won't be out for the christmas thinger, but maybe work weekend in January? Barn building? I dunno...I'll get them out to ya somehow.

I might borrow my buddy's explorer that's got a hitch to use to haul all this stuff...so we'll see.

-John

9. Keith F

Keith F Binder Driver

Ah, the missing hitch. For some reason I thought you had a step bumper on that purty red Scout. :p

10. freeride

freeride Farmall Cub

OOOOOOOOOOOR

I could rent a Uhaul truck...and a trailer to go with it...that way I could get all the parts that he's got, and possibly one of the vehicles (he's got a scout 80 for parts, a frame for SII, and a Terra for sale) How shweet would THAT be??

-John

11. trebman

trebman Farmall Cub

Mike,

Go ahead and take those doors, at the moment I really don't need them.

12. Mike Moore

I might get me some do-ors, I might get me some do-ors!:) :p

What kinda money figure are you thinking for the doors, there...O great Freeride? :confused: :)

13. freeride

freeride Farmall Cub

fee for doors

I figure some hands on help with my rear main seal ought to do it 'bout right!

-John

14. HIBINDER

HIBINDER Farmall Cub

$$$$Rear Main Seal Labor$$$$

Daggone!:eek: Them is sum HIGH DOLLAR doors rite thurr!:eek: :p

Glad you jumped on 'em Mike!:D

15. ChipEvans

ChipEvans Farmall Cub

Yo Freeride - I have a hood here with your name on it. If you don't want it anyone can have it but its got to go...

Chip (703) 932-1239

16. Keith F

Keith F Binder Driver

Just got an e-mail from the seller of the parts and Terra, he said as of today it is all sold... :( And if anything changes he'll get back to me and the other 11 people that were on the e-mail. :rolleyes: One of which was our own Eric Socha. :eek: Step away from my Terra! :mad: ;) :p

Freeride... Did you get in on any of the stuff?

17. Socha's75Scout

Socha's75Scout Farmall Cub

Hey Keith,

I just got same e-mail about the Terra being SOLD.

I just informed my brother Greg about the news. He has been looking for a old Binder to call his own and showed interest in the Terra.

So it looks like we are back on the hunt for another Scout.

See ya guys,

Erik Socha
    Baltimore, Maryland
    1975 Scout II

Here is a pic of the one that got away.....

Attached Files:

18. freeride

freeride Farmall Cub

That pisses me off! I had the uhaul set and everything....just got the email now!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. freeride

freeride Farmall Cub

I'm STILL PISSED!! GRRRRRR....:mad:

20. HIBINDER

HIBINDER Farmall Cub

whoa there big fella

Don't go puttin a whoppin on noone, Freeride! There's other Scouts/parts out there.:)