Scout II Windshield Wipers, Wiper Arms (and Sources)

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Jim Burnes, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Jim Burnes

Jim Burnes Farmall Cub

Well it's winter and my old wiper blades bit the dust. It's been a while since I've had my 1980 Scout II out and about, so I lost track of the latest in wiper replacements. I know this has been covered before, but since it's winter I thought the few hours I spent hunting down this info might help someone else.

(1) If you still have the stock wiper arms, then there are only a few sources for replacements, but apparently NAPA has their 11 inch "Classic" wiper blades which should be an OEM replacement. I didn't go that direction because I like more variety in wipers.

(2) If you want to use commonly available wiper blades, you can install ANCO replacement wiper arms.

Here are the part numbers:

ANCO Part: 41-02 (Passenger Side Wiper Arm)
    ANCO Part: 41-03 (Driver Side Wiper Arm)

The previous owner may have already installed these for you. You probably have ANCO replacements if the wiper arms have small gray friction discs at the end that allow you to adjust the blade angle.

Once you install the ANCO arms you should be able to use them with most after market blades.

I believe OEM blades are 11", but I like to use 13" heavy duty winter blades for better durability and coverage. The ANCO 30-13 13" Winter Blades work pretty well.

Here are some sources for Wipers/Arms:

NAPA: http://www.napaonline.com Classic Blades. Not cheap, but if you're staying stock it's a good source.

RockAuto: http://www.rockauto.com Has the ANCO wiper arms and blades at competitive prices. Arms: $9.05, Blades $4.55 as of 01/19/09. This only issue with them is they ship from all over creation and sometimes the shipping can get out of hand for small orders of obscure products.

Ryder Fleet Products: http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com Has a great price on the ANCO 30-13 blades. $4.23 each and $7.95 for shipping up to $99 worth of parts. Only downside is a $15 minimum order. You could buy some for your club or buy yourself a 2 - 3 years supply of wiper blades. Unfortunately they don't sell both of the wiper arms and the one they do sell is not in stock (they quote 2-4 weeks for delivery of out of stock items.) This vendor is a subsidiary of Ryder truck rentals company. They act as suppliers for the truck depots and sell light and medium duty truck parts to the public.

SummitRacing: Carries the 30-13 wipers for $9.95, but only the 41-02 wiper arm ($19.95 and was out of stock as of this posting).

I'm sure there are more. Hopefully this can save you some winter hunting before the snow really sets in.

I have no relationship with any of these vendors. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

jim burnes

scoutin1 likes this.
  2. Afireinside2285

Afireinside2285 High Wheeler

Great write up i didnt know you could still buy the arms.
    thanks

3. scoutin1

scoutin1 Farmall Cub

Thanks for taking the time to write this down. This information was still valid as of 11/2016.

4. MrKenmore

MrKenmore Dreams of Cub Cadets

I did the ANCO 41-03 and 41-02. Nice solution. On the bigger arm (drivers side) i replaced the spring as the one from ANCO was too heavy. Blade would drag. For blade sizes, I used 12 inch on both. Getting the arm on and off the gear can be a real pain. I used an open wrench underneath which evened out the force and pryed it off.

[​IMG]

Replacement spring:
    [​IMG]

5. wesihcfan

wesihcfan Farmall Cub